Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Player
    The best solution overall regarding the issues created by the bots (not the bots themselves, since it IS taking forever for SE to actually do anything noticeable from our end,) would be to increase the break rate on the low level desynth items and decrease the break rate on stuff from 75+ content and especially cards. Make it amazingly unprofitable to farm the lower level stuff (particularly mandatory items for missions and level breaks,) then funnel all the cheaters into specific small corners of Vana'diel. I know that this would basically be sweeping the garbage under the rug, and the STF would still have their work cut out sorting out who's botting and who's a legit player among farmers, but at least it would no longer be a ragequit inducing situation for NEW players who are currently getting totally walled off from basic gameplay progress that is MANDATORY for every character that actually gets played.

It's not just shield farmers btw.. Exp/CP farming bots have also gotten out of hand. There are many obvious and blatant botters in Escha-Zi'tah that make it difficult to keep exp chains going for those who are actively playing the game for example..
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    On paper, the idea to turn useless items into spheres was a great solution to a nonexistent problem.

Problem with solving a problem that isn't a problem, is it creates a problem. All those items should just be removed from sphere synthesis. It's so simple, but they've let it go for so long. I really don't see what excuse they have for letting this go like this. They just straight up Do. Not. Care. It's crazy.

Putting cards on mobs that are basically never killed was a good idea. Break rate and drop rate are way to low though. So many easy solutions to this. instead of making another mount. spend that month fixing shields.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Now 23 bots in crawler's nest, and they logged in pretty much when servers came online. Normally it's free for an hour or 2, but not anymore.

PLEASE PLEASE SE, why are you penalizing those of us who are abiding by your terms of service and following the rules? Do you really mean that I have to give up my values and cheat along with them? Is that what you are saying. Or are you saying if you can't do it legitimately that I should quit?
    (2)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    SE if you really don't want to ban the cheaters because of loss of subscription fees, I call for either

1) Increase of drop rate of EX cards that desynth to spheres and the decrease in their break rate or increase in hq rate.
    or
    2) Implement limits like you did for fishing, limit 200 spheres that can be made by a ki holder PER day.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Still waiting for an official response from SE on this issue.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Still waiting for an official response from SE on this issue.
    It's been going on far too long, it's beyond the point of no return now. These bots have been running around freely for a year or so.
    (0)

Player
    lol. a year or so. Maybe thats when you noticed it. it was a problem before shields and this specifically since the very first minute spheres were introduced.

Noticeably a problem since march 2014. (job points introduction) Obviously existed before that too but thats the point when it became blatant.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 03-03-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    lol. a year or so. Maybe thats when you noticed it.
    Indeed. I'm just going by the same names that I've seen in a certain zone who run around in that same pattern, and seemly have never left that zone..
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I post again my solution to the issue, if don't want to ban because of loss of subscription fee:

Either:

1) Increase of drop rate of EX cards that desynth to spheres and the decrease in their break rate or increase in hq rate.
    or
    2) Implement limits like you did for fishing, limit 200 spheres that can be made by a ki holder PER day.
    (1)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    My point of making spheres /ex would kill all bots selling spheres for gil, which hopefully would stop them farming too;
    also they HAVE to spend time using them to make shields, which is economically bad since the time takes to get to lv.4 not viable to their profits/time;
    and/or limit how many spheres you can make per day, per character.
    All of these ideas have been addressed/adjudicated before, but seems SE doesn't want any advice.
    and for those that say things to point of "Well selling these spheres is how I make my gil in the game." then go find another way, since there are about 12,000+ different ways to do so now.
    (0)

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast