Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Watching other people killing same exact groups of targets and telling me they are getting cards to drop about 1 out of every 4 or so kills.
    Either my character is blacklisted against card drops (got every other possible item those targets could drop), or there's something VERY wrong with the drop rates.
    ..Or.... They are lying to you!?
    (0)

Player
    Well the cards are a LOT rarer to drop than expected.
    I was in Moh Gates Map#2 on the VT+ mobs and after 250+ kills with my THF99 with TH+9 in gear (which caps at +8 for gear, I know), I got ZERO CARDS to drop.
    That was also using Aldo and Nanaa Mihgo in trusts for 2 more TH help.
    Watching other people killing same exact groups of targets and telling me they are getting cards to drop about 1 out of every 4 or so kills.
    Either my character is blacklisted against card drops (got every other possible item those targets could drop), or there's something VERY wrong with the drop rates.
    SE, you really screwed the poop on this one. You need to open up the available drop rate, or make more targets viable options.
    Want to get rid of the bots? Make spheres /ex too. Can't sell what cannot be sold and only used by the owner or /tossed. Already they cannot be NPC'ed, just add on "cannot sell". Period.
    not ALL mobs drop cards. lol. you wasted so much time killing the wrong things. Drop rate is about 20%

#rekt
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    not ALL mobs drop cards. lol. you wasted so much time killing the wrong things. Drop rate is about 20%

#rekt
    i know not all "mobs" drop cards. I was killing EXACT same targets others were killing and watching them synth into spheres as examples.
    I know this because i saw them losing cards in my chat log during their failed synths, too.
    I wouldn't have posted what I put if I hadn't had personally viewed/verified my info first.
    So no, I didn't "waste my time", I am just damn unlucky for drops it seems.
    Thank you for the response.
    (0)

Player
    i know not all "mobs" drop cards. I was killing EXACT same targets others were killing and watching them synth into spheres as examples.
    I know this because i saw them losing cards in my chat log during their failed synths, too.
    I wouldn't have posted what I put if I hadn't had personally viewed/verified my info first.
    So no, I didn't "waste my time", I am just damn unlucky for drops it seems.
    Thank you for the response.
    Maybe group size can affect drops in some way? Drag along a buddy and kill 10 things.

Treasure Hunter: The only cap from gear is "one less than total cap minus traits", which would be TH13 total (aka TH+10 from gear,) for a mastered THF.. Last official word is that equal/greater current TH prevents the proc rate from decreasing, so +14 or above should be overcap and effectively give zero benefit. I have seen TH14 proc before, (about 3x in the last year!) so I know it exists. However, even as a THF, I doubt that 13/14 have that much actual impact except on drops w/ seemingly infinitesimal drop rates to begin with. It's rather rare to find anything that will live long enough for the proc system to make it all the way up too. :/

Also, I'm pretty sure that the odds are probably better to win a PowerBall jackpot than for a TH1-3 trust to bump proc up to TH14 from TH13. :x

**Dev Note: Raise Treasure Hunter base proc rate, even if only for 12-14! Especially for job master, this needs to happen! Also, updated official word on Treasure Hunter mechanics would be much appreciated.
    (4)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 03-15-2018 at 11:50 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    ...updated official word on Treasure Hunter mechanics would be much appreciated.
    This x1000000000000.
    (2)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Update notes said

The drop rates of the following items have been increased

Carbuncle’s Ruby / Elshimo Marble / Shoalweed / Desert Venom / Bruised Starfruit / Lucky Egg

I tested Elshimo marble and if this was increased, it wasn't by much, maybe 1% better with TH8+. This doesn't really help the creation of spheres SE.

To make other areas viable for sphere farmers, drop rate has to be at least as good as palborough mines.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 03-17-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Update notes said

The drop rates of the following items have been increased

Carbuncle’s Ruby / Elshimo Marble / Shoalweed / Desert Venom / Bruised Starfruit / Lucky Egg

I tested Elshimo marble and if this was increased, it wasn't by much, maybe 1% better with TH8+. This doesn't really help the creation of spheres SE.

To make other areas viable for sphere farmers, drop rate has to be at least as good as palborough mines.
    Now takes me ~3-7x kills to get a Carbuncle's Ruby rather than the ~5-10x kills that it used to take on Buburimu beaches. (JM THF w/ TH+10, rarely goes above 9.)
    Try testing that instead maybe? It's possible that the increases differ by item.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I don't need carbuncle's ruby desynth, produces transfixtion, fusion, or light. Out of that only thing I use is Light in my skillchain paths, so it would not be efficient for me.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    I don't need carbuncle's ruby desynth, produces transfixtion, fusion, or light. Out of that only thing I use is Light in my skillchain paths, so it would not be efficient for me.
    Given how the supply of sphere material was just vastly increased, I don't think it would be that hard to find another player or two to trade spheres with. Might be worthwhile farming the ones you don't need if you can get them faster and trade for the ones you do need?

I really need to unlazy, farm up a couple hundred thousand crystals and polish off the percentage on mine so I can participate in the sphere-based madness myself(s) ~_~
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Given how the supply of sphere material was just vastly increased, I don't think it would be that hard to find another player or two to trade spheres with. Might be worthwhile farming the ones you don't need if you can get them faster and trade for the ones you do need?

I really need to unlazy, farm up a couple hundred thousand crystals and polish off the percentage on mine so I can participate in the sphere-based madness myself(s) ~_~
    No one seems wanting to trade. I've yelled a few times to try to trade my fusion spheres away for light or dark spheres at 2:1 ratio, which is about what the gil cost is, but not one tell. I think majority of the people farming spheres are trying to SELL them. There are so many in bazzar near the focalizer. Not many people are trying to make the shield legit without botting.
    (0)

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast