Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    How many catalyst do you burn in one chain for 31 spirit? I was thinking it takes 2 40k per 6 step, but it's only 1?

I'm assuming its 300 300 300 8000 40000 40000 < that's ~ 90k
    Or is it 300 300 300 8000 40000 ~ 50k

100,000 / 31 = 3225 x 50k, comes out to 150m but no accounting for breaks and bg says "double light" only gives 15, not 31

Only have what's posted to go by, I would never be stupid enough to actually make the shield myself.
    Try this recipe as an example:
    Induration Sphere (Ice Crystal) :: gives 1 spirit / (2 if HQ1, 3 if HQ2, 4 if HQ3), then...
    Reverberation Sphere (Water Crystal) :: 5 spirit / (8 for HQ1, 10 for HQ2) then...
    Fusion Sphere (Fire Crystal) :: 15 spirit / (29 for HQ1?) then ...
    Light Sphere (Light crystal) :: 15 spirit / (?? for HQ1?)
    This nets out 36 spirit for 2 MC-01, 1 MC-02, and 1 MC-03's . Even more if you get a HQ result as I have a few times. (Haven't gotten HQ on the ?? ones yet).
    Another path to follow with little higher cost is:
    Induration / Ice >> (1/2)
    Reverberation / Water >> (2/4)
    Distortion / Ice >> (5/9)
    Gravitation / Earth >> (15/29)
    Darkness / Dark. (15/??).
    I have more but I'll post them in bgwiki as a recipe list as I get to them. Hope it helps.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dzspdref; 04-10-2018 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Color effect, spelling.

Player
    Instead of wasting the 3.5 BILLION gil the shield is worth, you could be doing literally anything else and it would be more worth while.

You can sell the spheres you're wasting and buy 12 mythics / every single +1 piece of gear in the game instead.
    I'm not sure there is any way to actually spend 3.5 BILLION gil building a shield, and IF there is a way, you would have to be lacking any of the business/economic knowledge necessary to be successful with crafting in the first place.

Theoretically, if you were to spam only T1>T1(T2SC) chains, then you could actually spend as little as 10mil. Would take forever and a day (16,667 chains) but it would work. XD

Doing T1>T1(T2SC)>T2(T3SC) all the way up would be ~41mil (4,762 chains.)
    Using the above 4-step, T1>T1(T2SC)>T2(T3SC)>T3(T3SC) would be 135mil (2,778 chains.)
    Using the above 5-step, T1>T1(T2SC)>T2(T2SC)>T2(T3SC)>T3(T3SC) would be ~138mil (2,440 chains.)
    Using the most expensive option I can come up with, T3 > T3 = T3(T3SC), would be ~267mil (3,334 chains.)

I think that chaining T1 spheres between T1-T2 is the most bang for the buck.
    Scission > Liquefaction (T1 Liquefaction) > Impaction (T2 Fusion) > Detonation (T1 Detonation) > Compression (T2 Gravitation) > Distortion (T3 Darkness) = 1+2+5+2+5+15 = 30 spirit for 9500 gil, 3,334 chains, ~32mil total.

The price only really skyrockets when you start including T3s (jumps from ~41mil > 135mil) and buying spheres instead of farming them, but in that case you are paying to save time. Patience will save you a fortune. I'm curious where you got your 3.5 BILLION quote from though since you are not stupid enough to make one yourself. XD

Also, spheres are probably about to price crash into Eschalixir territory. lol T2/T3s might still be worth something, but are still quite likely to drop, and T1s are gonna be trash gil-wise not too far in the future.

My math was done assuming that the tiers used are correct, no HQs, chains give 1sp/T1 starter, 2sp/T1SC, 5sp/T2SC, 15sp/T3SC and ignore elements since all that matters is that the tier sequence is possible/correct.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere, since I do need to learn this stuff anyway. ^^;;
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 03-11-2018 at 01:23 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Theoretically, if you were to spam only T1>T1(T2SC) chains, then you could actually spend as little as 10mil. Would take forever and a day (16,667 chains) but it would work. XD

Doing T1>T1(T2SC)>T2(T3SC) all the way up would be ~41mil (4,762 chains.)
    Using the above 4-step, T1>T1(T2SC)>T2(T3SC)>T3(T3SC) would be 135mil (2,778 chains.)
    Using the above 5-step, T1>T1(T2SC)>T2(T2SC)>T2(T3SC)>T3(T3SC) would be ~138mil (2,440 chains.)
    Using the most expensive option I can come up with, T3 > T3 = T3(T3SC), would be ~267mil (3,334 chains.)

I think that chaining T1 spheres between T1-T2 is the most bang for the buck.
    Scission > Liquefaction (T1 Liquefaction) > Impaction (T2 Fusion) > Detonation (T1 Detonation) > Compression (T2 Gravitation) > Distortion (T3 Darkness) = 1+2+5+2+5+15 = 30 spirit for 9500 gil, 3,334 chains, ~32mil total. ;
    I'm not in total agreements with your chain calcs. I calced mine in number of sets projecting around 3200 sets of 6 step skillchain.

As for your 32mil total, I don't believe that skillchain path is possible, as you have a T2 burst going back to a T1. I've never seen this possible and any skillchain calculator I've looked at does not give this option.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by "eliroo" pid=3314833
    So How much gil is required outright for the Synth Catalysts if you do only 6 steps?
    Quote Originally Posted by "Asura.Toralin" pid=3314839
    3.5 billion
    https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...tage/10/#reply
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    I'm not in total agreements with your chain calcs. I calced mine in number of sets projecting around 3200 sets of 6 step skillchain.

As for your 32mil total, I don't believe that skillchain path is possible, as you have a T2 burst going back to a T1. I've never seen this possible and any skillchain calculator I've looked at does not give this option.
    It most definitely is possible. ^^ I do it as my SOP when soloing.

With skillchains, there are recursive T1 chains possible like: Liquefaction > Impaction (Fusion) > Liquefaction (Liquefaction) > Impaction (Fusion) > etc. Once you step up to using a real T2 to make a T3SC though, I don't think that it can be brought back down.

With craftchains, we're not allowed to repeat the same chain, so have to get more creative, but it most definitely should work (as long as they really do mirror skillchain mechanics perfectly and I'm not misinformed.)

For your calcs, did you include a T3? I didn't in order to keep catalyst/gil cost down to a minimum. Spirit values are determined by the SC produced and not the sphere used, right? Are my numbers for the amount of spirit gained per step in my 6-step correct?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I posted my setup in previous posts

The example posted on BGwiki IF all nq, will be 1,2,2,5,15,15 for a total of 40 spirit.

Catalyst cost would be 300 x 4 T1, 1x T2, and 1x T3, for a total of 49,200 gil.

Spirit value is determined by result of the synth,either NQ or HQ

Have you actually tried
    Scission > Liquefaction (T1 Liquefaction) > Impaction (T2 Fusion) > Detonation (T1 Detonation) > Compression (T2 Gravitation) > Distortion (T3 Darkness)

Because the skillchain calculator I use do not show this as possible.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 03-11-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Player
    You are conveniently leaving out the very next two posts. :3

Quote Originally Posted by "eliroo" pid=3314843
    Yikes that is just the the MC-I Items? That is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Asura.Toralin" pid=3315098
    no thats for the spheres
    Admittedly, Toralin didn't give a proper answer to the question the first time.

It's not the best argument to quote the guy aiming to complete the very first Escutcheon, since sphere costs have come down since the initial gold-rush and he had deep enough pockets to not care about the outrageous cost at the time when he was buying every sphere he could get his hands on.

I was calculating out the cost of catalysts only. Should probably tack something on to cover crystal costs as well for a full estimate tbh, but didn't want to complicate the math just yet since I'm still trying to figure things out. Spheres are also looking to become free-ish and easily farmed, and probably shouldn't be factored into a discussion rooted in farming your own (and the hassles of dealing with possibly automated competition.)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    I posted my setup in previous posts

The example posted on BGwiki IF all nq, will be 1,2,2,5,15,15 for a total of 40 spirit.

Catalyst cost would be 300 x 4 T1, 1x T2, and 1x T3, for a total of 49,200 gil.

Spirit value is determined by result of the synth,either NQ or HQ

Have you actually tried
    Scission > Liquefaction (T1 Liquefaction) > Impaction (T2 Fusion) > Detonation (T1 Detonation) > Compression (T2 Gravitation) > Distortion (T3 Darkness)

Because the skillchain calculator I use do not show this as possible.
    I'm still leveling up the percentage on my shield, so I'm not on this part yet and can't confirm in-game myself, but it really should work as an actual skillchain. I can confirm that Warlike Patrick (BST Jug pet) can easily 4-step by bouncing between the same two Ready moves (which are Liquefaction and Impaction.) It's possible for 2x of these pets to 7-step doing the same thing.
    Check what your calculator says happens for: Liquefaction > Impaction > Liquefaction > Impaction. If it spits out an error, then it's a problem with the calculator and it just hasn't been made to handle somewhat rare-use cases like juggling T1s rather than aiming for the highest tier SC possible.
    (0)

Player
    YOU were calculating the catalyst only.

-I- said you're better off selling the spheres for the money.

BUYING the spheres (and by extension using, instead of selling) wastes billions.

Instead of wasting the 3.5 BILLION gil the shield is worth, you could be doing literally anything else and it would be more worth while.

You can sell the spheres you're wasting and buy 12 mythics / every single +1 piece of gear in the game instead.
    (0)

Player
    YOU were calculating the catalyst only.

-I- said you're better off selling the spheres for the money.

BUYING the spheres (and by extension using, instead of selling) wastes billions.
    That's only if the spheres are still worth billions, which I rather doubt at this point, and am sure they won't be in a month.

As of right now, on Asura:
    T3 = 300k/ea, going down
    T2 = Frag: 250k/ea, others: 100k/ea
    T1 = 30k-50k/ea, going down

You are welcome to math it out if you really want to figure out how much it would cost to BUY a shield right now, but most crafters won't be going that route. Honestly, if the new cards work the way I think they will, then all of the above are going to crash within a month.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 03-11-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast