Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yes the damage has already been done. Though this could be SE's plan to reduce prices, but I think the cheated shields still hurt the economy as likely they are made by gilsellers, which in turn supplies the gil for those that are gilbuyers that cheat. Whenever possible I report both the bot farmer and the synther as they are in party together. If it's only me and 2 others in zone in party it's clearly the bot and the synther in party. Other times it's not as clear but whenever I can determine I report them both.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Yes the damage has already been done. Though this could be SE's plan to reduce prices, but I think the cheated shields still hurt the economy as likely they are made by gilsellers, which in turn supplies the gil for those that are gilbuyers that cheat. Whenever possible I report both the bot farmer and the synther as they are in party together. If it's only me and 2 others in zone in party it's clearly the bot and the synther in party. Other times it's not as clear but whenever I can determine I report them both.
    Don't forget that making the shields takes a TON of gil out of the economy as well. They are FAR from free. :x
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Don't forget that making the shields takes a TON of gil out of the economy as well. They are FAR from free. :x
    It's not really THAT much, I'm farming spheres and my npc costs for 6 step skillchains current projections it will cost around 130m.
    (0)

Player
    It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher than that if you go to the t3 catalysts.

Its 100k~ for 15 spirit (in just catalyst) and the odds of breaking get higher as you go.

120,000 (total spirit counting possible breaks)/ 15(spirit for full synthchain) x 100k(cost for catalyst) ~ 800,000,000 for the shield if you go t3 catalyst, spheres are free, better double check how you think its going to only cost 130m
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 03-10-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    I always do submit a GM call and a report to the STF whenever I encounter automated bot farmers.

And today I did not encounter 3 of the bots that I've reported before, so hopefully my efforts are paying off.

For those on asura or other servers that also see cheaters that may not know the link here is the exact link to the STF.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/co...php?id=20&la=1
    Guess I spoke too soon the 3 cheaters I reported still around today, where is the support SE they were clearly cheating, less you really believe they have OCD have to run the exact paths EVERY time for HOURS on end with ZERO breaks. That even they see the room is empty their OCD is so great they have to go in and follow the EXACT same pathways.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher than that if you go to the t3 catalysts.

Its 100k~ for 15 spirit (in just catalyst) and the odds of breaking get higher as you go.

120,000 (total spirit counting possible breaks)/ 15(spirit for full synthchain) x 100k(cost for catalyst) ~ 800,000,000 for the shield if you go t3 catalyst, spheres are free, better double check how you think its going to only cost 130m
    How is it higher? I am using 6 step skillchains which use T3 catalysts. I have recorded all my synths so far and projecting based on the amount of spirit I gain per 6 step will be about 130m. I have accounted for all my breaks so far.

With the double light/dark, my average is 31 spirit per 6 step. I base my estimation off my existing data that I keep and project to 100%
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 03-10-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Player
    How many catalyst do you burn in one chain for 31 spirit? I was thinking it takes 2 40k per 6 step, but it's only 1?

I'm assuming its 300 300 300 8000 40000 40000 < that's ~ 90k
    Or is it 300 300 300 8000 40000 ~ 50k

100,000 / 31 = 3225 x 50k, comes out to 150m but no accounting for breaks and bg says "double light" only gives 15, not 31

Level 1 Synthchain:

Choose Wind Crystal icon.png Wind Crystal + Deton. Sphere icon.png Detonation Sphere, you will perform a wind synthesis. Follow this up by a Earth Crystal icon.png Earth Crystal + Sciss. Sphere icon.png Scission Sphere to create a Scission synthchain onto the device, which is a successful level 1 synthchain.

Continuing Level 1 Synthchain:

From here, you are able to then use a Fire Crystal icon.png Fire Crystal + Lique. Sphere icon.png Liquefaction Sphere to make a Liquefaction synthchain.

Upgrading to Level 2 Synthchain:

You may then follow with a Lightng. Crystal icon.png Lightning Crystal + Impac. Sphere icon.png Impaction Sphere to then create a level 2 Fusion synthchain.

Upgrading to Level 3 Synthchain:

After the above Fusion synthchain, you should then be able to use a Wind Crystal icon.png Wind Crystal + Fragm. Sphere icon.png Fragmentation Sphere to create a Light Synthchain.

Continuing Level 3 Synthchain:

You may then combine this with Light Crystal icon.png Light Crystal + Light Sphere icon.png Light Sphere for another Light synthesis chain.

Although this is technically Double Light, you only receive 15 spirit.
    Only have what's posted to go by, I would never be stupid enough to actually make the shield myself.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 03-10-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    How many catalyst do you burn in one chain for 31 spirit? I was thinking it takes 2 40k per 6 step, but it's only 1?

I'm assuming its 300 300 300 8000 40000 40000 < that's ~ 90k
    Or is it 300 300 300 8000 40000 ~ 50k

100,000 / 31 = 3225 x 50k, comes out to 150m but no accounting for breaks and bg says "double light" only gives 15, not 31

Only have what's posted to go by, I would never be stupid enough to actually make the shield myself.

Well my data is based on ACTUAL data. You are reading bg wiki wrong, where it says "Although this is technically Double Light, you only receive 15 spirit." it is saying that even though it is double light you only receive the 15 spirit, same as the level 3 skillchain. It is emphasizing that even though it is T4 light you do not get any MORE spirt than the T3.

The example posted on BGwiki IF all nq, will be 1,2,2,5,15,15 for a total of 40 spirit.

Catalyst cost would be 300 x 4 T1, 1x T2, and 1x T3, for a total of 49,200 gil.

And it is not stupid, some of us have done everything else we wanted to do in game, a T4 shield is a long term goal that some of us strive for.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 03-10-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Player
    No more stupid than building any REMA. Escutcheons are gamechangers for crafting, same as the performance/desirability bump you see from REMA vs non-REMA. Shield will recoup it's gil costs sooner than those too. :3
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Instead of wasting the 3.5 BILLION gil the shield is worth, you could be doing literally anything else and it would be more worth while.

You can sell the spheres you're wasting and buy 12 mythics / every single +1 piece of gear in the game instead.
    (0)

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast