Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    SE clearly does not understand the issue with Escutcheons. From the update preview

"Among these changes is an increase to the minimum amount of spheres produced during the Escutcheon-creating process"

All this will do is let the bots finish FASTER as if more spheres are produced per synth, they still will have more synths than normal players who need to eat and sleep.

I'd rather it say "We are adding more staff to the Special Task Force to combat those that are using 3rd party programs"
    (2)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 03-05-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Player
    The people doing what you describe are paying more subscriptions than you.

Guess which group of people a business like square cares more about.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    SE clearly does not understand the issue with Escutcheons. From the update preview

"Among these changes is an increase to the minimum amount of spheres produced during the Escutcheon-creating process"

All this will do is let the bots finish FASTER as if more spheres are produced per synth, they still will have more synths than normal players who need to eat and sleep.

I'd rather it say "We are adding more staff to the Special Task Force to combat those that are using 3rd party programs"
    The JP version seems to be worded quite differently, so I think it really is best to wait and see what is actually getting adjusted before raging over a potential mistranslation. They even invited players to give continued feedback on this subject after the update goes live, looking for further points of adjustment, so this is not a one-n-done issue. They are willing to continue working on streamlining the process, and want to hear from us players what we want.. as long as we can post in a language they can understand. ^^;;

I say your best option is to wait until 1-2 weeks after update goes live and then post on JPside using GTRans in the appropriate threads. Better shot at changing something doing that than screaming at the walls over here.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    SE there are so many cheaters on Asura using automated programs to farm mobs that drop items that are used to synth into elemental spheres for Escutcheon 4th stage.

I have called GM's and submitted reports to the Special Task Force yet they are still around. What is the point of the game when cheaters can run rampant and not be banned for clearly violating the terms of service.

I have played for over 12 years now and I'm farming the items and crafting the spheres myself.

It just makes me wonder why I still play when I'm doing it the way it was intended(NOT cheating), yet those that cheat can get away with it.

Please give GM's the mandate for when they are called they will go to witness the cheaters in action, or perhaps a whitelist of people that call GM's that have a good track record of reporting cheaters, this would reduce the call volume that GM's would have to go though.
    I completely agree with you. We are all human and we get tired doing the same thing over and over. That is without a doubt a BOT.
    (0)

Player
    The solution to the issue is not add more items that can be monopolized by more farming bots, it's to ban those that are cheating. The people that cheated to make their shields are not just ruining asura's economy but other servers as well by making mules and sending HQ items over with them. They are benefiting off their ill gotten shields.
    This is very tough to disagree with but it is very true. Their primary goal is to make more than 999,999,999. Gil Selling have always existed for the longest time in FFXI and I have seen shout in Odin trying to sell gil recently in the month February 2018. I thought they were gone for good but they are still around. They aren't the same people that were ban awhile back. I believe the adjustment is coming but I don't think that will do any good. The bad elitist already achieved their goal so it doesn't matter at this point. They will continue to sell Gil and the existence of windower user doesn't help it either. Their are good elite and leader of a LS which is rare to find.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    And WHY do we need adjustments at all. SE just needs to enforce EXISTING rules. Isn't 3rd party use illegal already? The easiest solution is that when someone calls a GM for witnessing 3rd party bot program farming is to have the GM appear and witness it, than give the automated response of "that they know of 3rd party use is harmful to players and please submit to special task force". The cheaters are the problem NOT the legitimate players.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    And WHY do we need adjustments at all. SE just needs to enforce EXISTING rules. Isn't 3rd party use illegal already? The easiest solution is that when someone calls a GM for witnessing 3rd party bot program farming is to have the GM appear and witness it, than give the automated response of "that they know of 3rd party use is harmful to players and please submit to special task force". The cheaters are the problem NOT the legitimate players.
    The GM appearing was actually a thing once.
    I can imagine it takes a lot of time to comb through data to find discrepancies, and be able to prove that the player is cheating.

I think it was you that mentioned white listing players who's STFU reports generally turn out to be accurate. I can imagine that SE get a lot of incorrect or bogus reports to filter through.
    (0)

Player
    GMs don't have jurisdiction over botters, STF does. Both groups are employees of the same company and are just following company procedure. Even if the GM popped in and watched someone "botting", they don't have the data access to prove any wrongdoing and/or authority to do anything about it (is how it seems at least.) I'm not sure what GMs are actually for nowadays tbh. :/ I just wish they added "and be sure to use the template in the sticky" to their script when telling someone to file a bug report.

If the devs can't/won't prove wrongdoing for any of those farming spheres, then they'll do the next best thing and nerf the difficulty so that every farmer can be done faster and get out of the way for the next player! =_=;;
    I have a feeling this is the basis for their current solution/adjustment, and they are open to further feedback later as well in case this is not enough.

I get your ire. I get your frustration. But is an adjustment really that bad a thing if the non-24/7 players who have to eat and sleep can still finish up an Escutcheon in a month of dedicated work?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    GMs don't have jurisdiction over botters, STF does.
    Well something changed then because back in the day I reported MANY fishbots to GMs and within 10 minutes I'd see them visually disappear without a GM even showing up. Search would not show the fishbots, so based on it not being a DC, they were forcibly moved to Mordion Gaol.

IF GM's could do this in the past why can't they do the same for automated farming bots? It's the exact same thing, automated programs being used.

If the bannings now fall to STF I'd suggest SE move the power back to the GMs, so they can be more proactive at removal of 3rd party programs.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm even running into bots farming elementals in sky. What is the point of playing anymore, cheating is rampant, SE doesn't do anything about them. I don't mind competing versus other PLAYERS but this is getting to the point I might as well quit if SE is going to do nothing about the cheaters.
    (3)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast