Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...my-econ-health

The internal menus and interface of FFXI itself needs to be reformed, upgraded and evolved to deter prohibited behavior and RMT profiteering. Gil is being used as a medium for corruption and the linked proposal will at the minimum allow SE to arbitrate player to player commerce with a NPC mediated exchange. Post questions for further explanation if the entire proposal seems confusing, I will clarify.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    My advice is transfer servers. Selling job points, among other things, is practically unheard of over here.

What good is a bigger community if it's controlled by bots?
    So the solution is to keep running away from BOTTERS instead of SE enforcing the RULES THAT THEY MADE?

RULES/LAWS only work if people follow them and are enforced, the people that would consider using bots need to have fear that all their work will be for nothing, that is only way that the rules have any meaning.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    So the solution is to keep running away from BOTTERS instead of SE enforcing the RULES THAT THEY MADE?

RULES/LAWS only work if people follow them and are enforced, the people that would consider using bots need to have fear that all their work will be for nothing, that is only way that the rules have any meaning.
    No, that's not what I'm suggesting, because that certainly needs to happen, but it's an endless battle and RMT will always find ways of circumventing whatever measures SE comes up with. All I'm telling you is the problems you speak of are a rarity on basically every server except asura. Not nonexistent, but much less of an issue. It's also possible that this fact is clouding SE's perception of how bad the problem is on Asura.

If the population of the servers was more even, all players would be getting affected at a more similar rate and then SE might have a more accurate picture. (And I don't feel like a merge has to happen for that, because the game is perfectly playable on these other servers)
    (0)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18