Internet Connection Speed: Fast?
    Date & Time: 1FEB2018
    Frequency:
    Character Name: Remidogg
    Race: Galka
    World: Leviathan
    Main Job: Monk
    Support Job: Warrior
    Area and Coordinates: Ghelsba Outpost, (G-10)
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Hut Door
    Monster Name:
    Steps:
    1. Tonight I switched allegiances from Bastok to San d'Oria so I started running missions. 1-1, 1-2 just fine. Missions are turned in and completed.
    2. Mission 1-3 was going great, talked to the guard, and the guy in the church (Arnau) in Northern San d'Oria but when I get to the hut I just get a "This looks like an Orcish dwelling. The door is firmly shut."
    3. I've returned and talked to the NPC's twice to be sure I didn't miss something in the quest but it's pretty basic and straightforward. I'm not getting any option to select a battlefield.
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>
    (0)
    Last edited by Remidogg; 02-02-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Player
    1) Make sure you are talking to the right NPC (Arnau) in the cathedral. (And edit your post to include the NPC name rather than "the guy in the church".) Talk to him til his dialogue loops at least twice to be sure.

2) Make sure you are at the correct spot in Ghelsba Outpost. You have (G-10) listed above, but BGwiki has it listed as (G-9)... And I just ran out and checked and standing right in front of the door is actually (F-10). ._.;;
    You should be in the right spot, regardless of pos, based on the dialogue you get from the Hut Door.

Odds are good it's #1. You may have had quest dialogue/cutscene interfere w/ getting the mission cs.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 02-02-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Remidogg
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'll give it another look soon. I put way too much time into double checking everything and it's burnt me out. Did for sure talk to the right guy at the church and got that cutscene. Nothing further from the mission NPC (gateguard) so should be able to get that battlefield. I'll make doubly sure I'm at the right door but there's nothing else to interact with in the area all around. I used the guide at http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Save_the_Children
    (0)

Character
    Remidogg
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Oh wow - I may have figured this out. I might have flagged an entirely different dialogue altogether. Arnau can also trigger Chains of Promathia mission 'The Road Forks'. It's actually my current CoP mission!! I'm gonna go talk to him again
    (0)

Player
    The only other thing that you can verify is that the mission is listed as current in your log. :/
    As you've said, it is normally very straightforward, and the only times that I've had problems w/ it have been due to being sloppy and missing the cs from Arnau, or going to the wrong Ghelsba. XD

I wish you luck.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Remidogg
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Gosh it did end up being something so stupid on my part. Basically if I had thought to talk to him more than once - I would have solved this a long time ago tonight haha!

:face_palm:

I went around and around on the NPC's I'm supposed to talk to, double triple quadruple checked my mission to be sure I had the right one flagged. I'll be sure to amend my missioning procedures to google what else the NPC's can flag for quests and missions. Thank you so much for your help, I didn't think to try talking to him more than once. When the dialogue changed and I got another cutscene that made so much more sense I googled Arnau and found out he can also do CoP missions and I checked which mission I was on in CoP .. that exact mission he can flag xD

Okay. Carry on everyone. I'm sorry.
    (0)

Player
    Glad I could help. XD

Gotta love those rare cases w/ multiple flags like yours. lol
    (1)