Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Crafting Gear Upgrades?

Thought this might be a possible idea in the future since it doesn't involve any dev-kits and can use the graphics we already have for them.

Can we get possible +1 versions of the (Body/Hands/Head/Torque/etc) gear for crafter's? I don't mean the synergy ones, but an actual +1, that give a slight if negligible, useful attribute we don't get with any of the shields?

Ideas for augments could include but not limited to:
    * +1~5% chance to not lose crystal during failed attempt.
    * +1~5% chance not losing materials during failed attempt.
    * +1~5% chance of success on attempts done on same day as crystal used.
    * +1% chance of HQ on attempts done using crystal in areas with same weather type active as crystal used (+2% if double weather present).
    * +1% chance to be able to reuse a crystal for another synthesis. (much like NIN's Tool Expertise ability to not expend tools when casting ninjutsu spells)
    I can go on and on with ideas, but would recommend if this DOES go into fruition that no two pieces can have the same augment when equipped. We already have the "you cannot change equipment when crafting" thing, so it would work nicely with that too for no mid-craft swaps. Just thinking this would be another way to get people back into crafting with these possible upgrade ideas.
    (1)

Player
    I'd settle for +1 versions of the old WotG crafting latent weapons. Just being able to bump them up to always-on skill+1 would be very very nice, and likely a lot simpler than what you are suggesting. Synergy would be a great option for the method of upgrading. I'm always in favor of new stuff for synergy. XD
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-23-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They can always do both Would give my Lv.1 Great Axe "Trainee Axe" another use now, other than confusing people when I equip it on my WHM. lol
    ... but the amount of "<Name> examines you." I saw when I did it was hilariously noticeable.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    They can always do both Would give my Lv.1 Great Axe "Trainee Axe" another use now, other than confusing people when I equip it on my WHM. lol
    ... but the amount of "<Name> examines you." I saw when I did it was hilariously noticeable.
    Genuinely wish they would add a new Great Sword for synergy, whether it matches the old latent versions or proposed upgraded versions, just to round out the set and give us a GS that doesn't require beating a Master Trial.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Lunatone
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Id like to see more synergy synths that were relevant. Going to sound like a hater but if they gave us say 120 synths(since i believe w/ support we can get 124) youd still need to have gear and maybe +2 skill shield but it would atleast let us compete w/ the crafter shields
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatone View Post
    Id like to see more synergy synths that were relevant. Going to sound like a hater but if they gave us say 120 synths(since i believe w/ support we can get 124) youd still need to have gear and maybe +2 skill shield but it would atleast let us compete w/ the crafter shields
    Not 100% sure what you are saying tbh, but a few things:
    Maximum baseline for crafts is 122, plus +2/+3 depending on shield, and another +3 for Cooking from Hocho.
    Synergy skill caps @ lv80.
    There is no "crafting support" for synergy, or skill gear, or skill shields.
    Synergy is not counted as a "craft" as far as anything in-game goes. That includes things like crafting foods and Kupo Shield. Only synergy-specific gear effects like from smocks and cuffs do anything with it.

We don't need synergy recipes with higher caps than current ones if that is what you are asking for, unless they are going to raise the skill cap along with them. Adding some new 81-100 might be nice for giving alternative routes for skilling up, and there are plenty of missing BST jugs for ilvl *hint hint*, but 110+ recipes would be basically pointless. If that was not what you were trying to say, mind clarifying?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 02-05-2018 at 12:25 PM.