Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Spectral Jig Duration Increase

In a recent update all other methods of sneak and invisible had their durations extended. Why is Spectral Jig still a ridiculous 30 seconds (w/o any gear enhancements)? Chocobo Jig has a nice duration at 2 minutes. Sneak and Invisible isn't going to destroy game balance. Can we up the duration on this to match other forms of sneak/invisible please. As it stands, I don't even use Spectral Jig. I use ninja tools instead because it's more effective.
    (2)

I agree with you, adjusting spectral jig would be a nice change. However, I can also see it not happening due to it being JA sneak and invisible. What's really annoying is it seems a resistance to it develops the more you use it in succession (even more apparent when /dnc). Even with gear enhancements it seems my spectral jig duration eventually drops below the initial 30 second timer. It could just be me I guess, but that's what I believe happens.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've never seen any evidence of Spectral Jig "resistance" or anything. It's generally sufficient for me with two pieces of Jig enhancing gear. If I have inventory space for the Nin tools though, I generally use them instead so I can fulltime Chocobo Jig =p
    (0)

Player
    Get the +12% movement speed shoes. You'll run places quicker so you won't need S/I as long.
    (1)
    The King of Fools.
    MNK/DNC/SCH/THF

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I have them, and they actually stack a little with Chocobo jig/Mazurka. If my friend gives us Troub Mazurka and autofollows me, I run faster than him. I didn't believe him when he told me I was outrunning him, but we tested it for 10-20 minutes and I consistently outran him unless I took them off.
    (0)

Yeah, it's possible to stack movement speed effects. Players cannot stack movement speed gear (Herald's Gaiters and ASA Pants augmented with 8% movement speed) or movement speed magic effects (Chocobo Jig with Chocobo Mazurka), but it is possible to stack movement speed from one piece of gear with movement speed from one JA/spell effect.

It's frustrating to run around on my mages with 8% movement speed right after buzzing around on my DNC with 37% movement speed! (Chocobo Jig + Tandava Crackows)
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Didn't up them all, Ninja's spells are still rubbish, and theirs cost money.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I've never seen any evidence of Spectral Jig "resistance" or anything. It's generally sufficient for me with two pieces of Jig enhancing gear. If I have inventory space for the Nin tools though, I generally use them instead so I can fulltime Chocobo Jig =p
    I didn't say there was actual evidence, it was simply anecdotal at best. I use etoile tights and dancer toe shoes to increase my jig durations, the most notable increase coming from Chocojig with additional minute of movement+. I combine that with tandava crackows and never look back.

Where I said it looks like a resistance builds up is with spectral jig. With etoile tights and dancer toe shoes, the best we get is 1 minute duration. But sometimes it SEEMS that the duration becomes less the more often it's used in succession. I have no evidence to support it besides my own experience, that's why I said it could just be me, and how much attention I'm actually paying to the effect.
    (0)

I kinda like the short duration, finding a safe spot to reapply SJ is about the only chalenge left in game for my dancer. And no, I'm not being sarcastic in the least here.
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anethia View Post
    I agree with you, adjusting spectral jig would be a nice change. However, I can also see it not happening due to it being JA sneak and invisible. What's really annoying is it seems a resistance to it develops the more you use it in succession (even more apparent when /dnc). Even with gear enhancements it seems my spectral jig duration eventually drops below the initial 30 second timer. It could just be me I guess, but that's what I believe happens.
    Don't worry Anethia you're not alone. I too have noticed that my spectral jigs seem to degrade over time - they're supposta last 1.30 with both the boots and the pants, but there are some times when I notice it crapping out much earlier than they are supposed to. I tested it awhile back to see if I had my macro done incorrectly and even with the gear equipped and selecting it from the menu it doesn't always last the full time.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast