Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Spectral Jig has no cast time, and it puts up both Sneak and Invis. The ability is OP as it is. Even if the duration is short, Spectral Jig is usually off cooldown by then anyway.
    (0)

I have never ever had my spectral jig wear off before the cooldown was over. Also, it is completely free, doesn't aggro magic, and instant. I think spectral jig currently is just fine.
    (0)

Character
    Ubasti
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 5
    On more than one occasion I've had spectral jig start to wear in 10 seconds or less. All though I don't particularly care if the upper bound is raised, I would like to see the lower bound raised to be at least equal to the recast time.
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I think the real fix we need is for spectral jig to remove both sneak/invis for us automatically so we dont need to fiddle around taking off sneak manually.

That or make it so that the sneak/invis effects of the jig override, so that if we already have sneak on and use the jig we dont waste it and it resets the timers.

Cant say how many times I popped jig with sneak still on and had to sit there for 30 seconds waiting for recast, ugh -.-
    (4)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    I think the real fix we need is for spectral jig to remove both sneak/invis for us automatically so we dont need to fiddle around taking off sneak manually.
    THIS

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

(seriously though; not really a big deal, of course, but I accept that Spectral really is pretty powerful relative to other forms of Sneak/Invis as it is, so failing a straight buff a QoL change would be super nice)
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They should just increase the minimum lasting time, making so that Spectral Jig NEVER lasts less than XX seconds.
    To be honest I fail to see how it's overpowered compared to Tonko, Monomi, Invisible, Sneak, Prism Powders or Silent Oils.
    It's just a small difference, how is that "OP"?
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    They should just increase the minimum lasting time, making so that Spectral Jig NEVER lasts less than XX seconds.
    To be honest I fail to see how it's overpowered compared to Tonko, Monomi, Invisible, Sneak, Prism Powders or Silent Oils.
    It's just a small difference, how is that "OP"?
    It's free it's almost insta cast and casts both Sneak and invisible with one move.

All others require a tool/item/spell have to be cast separately with sneak having to be cast 1st, that's why it's OP, the short duration is the trade off for the ease of it. Deal with it.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I call "overpowered" something that puts the game balance in danger, but I guess we have different definitions of the term.
    It's not instant btw, unless you remove JA lag with third party tools which use shouldn't really be allowed.
    You also need to manually take off the sneak effect if you want to refresh it.
    Doesn't seem particularly faster than a RDM casting invisible/sneak or a Ninja casting Tonko: Ni or any player using a med.
    Aside of course from the fact Spectral Jig gives you two effects at the same time.

Again, how would a more reliable Spectral Jig ruin game balance?
    It's just a job's special characteristic, every job has one or more of those, I don't see people complaining for those usually. DNC has, among its special things, the ability to use sneak/invi at the same time with a special move they can use every 30 seconds.
    It's fine to have it random lasting time (unlike NIN ninjutsu) and it's fine lasting less than than Invi/Sneak or medicines.
    I'm just saying the current "minimum lasting time" threshold should be raised.
    You know something's wrong when even with 2 Jig enhancing AFs your Spectral Jig lasts only 20 seconds...
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Didn't they say they had no plan to change this or NIN, as theirs is better than snk/inv in that magic-aggro enemies ignore them.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2