Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Lunatone
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Whats the crafting situation, Snake?!

Title is just being silly but, do you guys think its worth even attempting to synth anymore? I'm just on carbuncle and we only have maybe 2 shields(ive seen so far) Cloth and Smithing.
    But all of these mules obviously getting weekly dropoffs are kind of killing the business for alot of people.
    Our material prices continue to rise and rise while our HQ prices go down every few days.
    I guess im just posting out of fustration since I know you cant really do anything about it
    Are other servers seeing things like this aswell and do you find that its affecting you as crafters?
    (1)

Player
    Assura is literally ruining every other server. No exaggeration.

There are at least 7 shields here now, they load up mules and send them to every other server to buy your mats, and sell their HQs for more money on your servers.

There is no point in even trying to craft (HQ gear) at this point. Missed the boat.

However, ALL crafts from this point on will require the KI from the shield... so... you need to at least get to the KI stage. if you even want to try.

The final stage costs more than it would to make 12 mythics. At that value it will take quite a while to return investment.
    (0)

Character
    Lunatone
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I was doing Adhemar hands and body +1 and thats a really popular item anyway so I'm not surprised that people are bringing them over but went from selling for 80m to 27m in 3.5 months while the price in materials has done nothing but rise.
    I get that more HQs at a lower price is fine but having another server dictate others prices is fustrating.
    All thats going to happen is in a month or two when people finally finish shields here which we've had plenty of stage 4s since oct/nov is the native synthers are going to just keep undercutting and soon most if not all synths will be completely worthless
    (0)

Player
    Staghorn corals still take some effort to get, while crafting HQ bodies takes none.

They never should've been worth as much as they were in the first place, this is just finally bringing some semblance of balance.

Crafting system in this game is absolute garbage. And the prices reflect that.
    (0)

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Assura is literally ruining every other server. No exaggeration.
    There are at least 7 shields here now, they load up mules and send them to every other server to buy your mats, and sell their HQs for more money on your servers.

The final stage costs more than it would to make 12 mythics. At that value it will take quite a while to return investment.
    Prolly most shield owners, and the ones currently making one, used bots to farm the synthesis chain spheres. It is really unfair situation when they can farm 24/7 while the honest players either have to buy the mats or spheres or slowly farm the mats while competing the botters.
    (0)

Player
    Automation is a part of life. Real jobs are lost every day to more automation. Games are no different. Change with, or die out.
    (0)

Character
    Lunatone
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah and on the botting thing imo SE could do something about it and drop bans etc but theyre not and I dont think they ever will.
    I do agree the prices on HQs were crazy but im a fan of price of mats x HQ chance for the price of them like 1m mats x 16 = hq price however we couldnt lower the prices too much because mat prices are so insane. Even when I farm the mats myself I still will charge higher because now its my personal time to farming the materials.
    I personally dont care about people botting for shields I think its too risky and will probably get you alot of reports, but my issue is other servers prices bleeding into others but theres no real way to stop it
    (0)

Player
    ABJ HQ prices went down because the gear started getting outdated. As it's no longer the absolute top gear for min/max'ing, prices are going to go down. 3.5 months is a perfectly reasonable amount of time for markets to shift and prices to change.

I think that if there is anything that deserves complaining about, it's the cost of SU3 mats. Each piece requires 1-3x NPC-only 1.1mil/ea mats in addition to expensive vagary/delve things, and they are all T0 HQ rates (baseline) which means that HQs are too unreliable to count on to even break even. ~_~;;
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Thats called a money sink. It's done purposefully. Those 1.1m mats are going to continue to be heavily used.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Thats called a money sink. It's done purposefully. Those 1.1m mats are going to continue to be heavily used.
    I am aware of what it is. lol Doesn't mean that it isn't worthy of griping about.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast