Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Lunatone
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I considered finishing mine, been at sphere stage for awhile but I figured by the time I finish it wont be worth synthing anything anymore so just gave up
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatone View Post
    I considered finishing mine, been at sphere stage for awhile but I figured by the time I finish it wont be worth synthing anything anymore so just gave up
    Current recipes won't be worth as much as time passes, but there will be new recipes at some point. And I have a horrible feeling that we'll see top-end synths that require completed Escutcheons eventually as well, (there's even a KI at the end that doesn't appear to do anything yet,) so it's not any more a waste of time than making a REMA weapon.

Ah. ._.;; If anyone on Asura happens to be working on a Leathercraft one however, you are welcome to give up so that I will have less competition in the future. :3
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    More than likely ALL future synths (of any value) will require the shield KI but you don't have to do the sphere stage for that ki
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    More than likely ALL future synths (of any value) will require the shield KI but you don't have to do the sphere stage for that ki
    If you are talking about the KI required for Su3, I vaguely remember recipes being added, after the initial wave of Su3 stuff, that did not require that KI, and I think that it's unlikely that it will be a full, permanent blanket requirement in the future.

And, yes you do. There is an extra KI for each craft called an "aurum tome" that you get at the last step AFTER completing the craftchain portion when you get the final ingredient for your shield. That is the one I meant that has no known use so far, and that is the KI that I'm dreading becoming a possible requirement later down the line, even if it's for BIS synths and recipes are few and far between.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Lunatone
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Nya, do you think the material prices will fall to represent the sink in HQ prices?
    I'm not synthing for profit anymore since there really is none left but I do enjoy making HQs for my ls members.
    Since HQ is becoming more common and its not as valuable as before but still pretty amazing items I'm hoping that alot of this junk drops hard in price so it still doesnt cost 35m for 10 synths when the result HQ isnt even worth 30(this are prices on carbuncle I dont know about others).
    I personally dont care whether HQ prices bottom out to worthlessness which they will eventually but id like to finally see the price of materials reflect that so for us normies w/ last stage shield and no spheres can atleast still synth for ourselves and friends w/o crazy cost to ourselves
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatone View Post
    Nya, do you think the material prices will fall to represent the sink in HQ prices?
    I'm not synthing for profit anymore since there really is none left but I do enjoy making HQs for my ls members.
    Since HQ is becoming more common and its not as valuable as before but still pretty amazing items I'm hoping that alot of this junk drops hard in price so it still doesnt cost 35m for 10 synths when the result HQ isnt even worth 30(this are prices on carbuncle I dont know about others).
    I personally dont care whether HQ prices bottom out to worthlessness which they will eventually but id like to finally see the price of materials reflect that so for us normies w/ last stage shield and no spheres can atleast still synth for ourselves and friends w/o crazy cost to ourselves
    Honestly depends on whether or not the devs kick their habit of overloading certain mats w/ multiple uses. Vagary mats are unlikely to bottom out ever at this point since they keep using them in new recipes for instance. I also don't see any major/drastic economic impacts occurring until after there are several completed shields running around on your server. Unlike Kupo Shield, escutcheons are craft-specific and take time/effort/astronomical_gil, so far less likely for any overnight shifts to be able to occur.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3