Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Where's the new tasty super duper high stat food

I'm hoping the Devs haven't forgotten about brand new extreme stat foods from the ideas of this thread almost 6 months ago http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post597559

The Culinarians are missing out brand new recipes compared to other crafts

I'm looking forward to it or maybe a little sneak peek from 1 food they would be happy to share with extreme stats
    (1)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 01-10-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    The Culinarians are missing out brand new recipes compared to other crafts
    This ^

I have nearly every craft to 110 on my characters and my cooking mule's only real purpose anymore is to sign on for the daily goblin chest.... While the item-moogle is a nice convenience for anyone that isn't a crafter it would be like the item-moogle offering cursed items, orb's, lumber and ingots.... and eating 95% of the profit of other crafts.

In short, SE, I agree, please add in crafted-only foods that are game-breaking to motivate people to buy our crafted foods rather than the item-moogle of cooking-destruction.
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Now I'm beginning to worry about the status of new foods. No hint or anything and yet other crafts had items that require Argentum Tome KI to create new armor/weapon sets, and yet cooking only has Marine Stewpot. My problem is that they would release new trashy foods that are below average stats than what had been available that has high stats intentionally (which isn't surprising but typical just for the sake of just making trashy items with no meaningful value and constantly limited at old level 75 era years food), only for them to reply that with a petty "There's plenty of food available and that we should choose 1 type of food for content" and just skip our ideas in favor for something else that would instead require the Aurum Tome and they would say it's what will balance that out only for the food to still be trashy. If that's the "best" they can come up with all this time and delay, I can't and won't ever buy that, because they constantly keep bringing up that "You know what" word and keep saying the same thing with "there are other alternatives to food that suit for such and such content so they would change their minds and abandon it" (although they never had problems wasting resources making joke food/cosmetic food/novelty food) I would hope they haven't forgotten about the Culinarians and not (hope not) skip everything in favor of just throwing all cooking recipes for final Aurum Tome but at this point... well there is no point anymore to bother

I had high hopes for new cooking recipes for the past months but there's a point where one wonders about the status of it
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 02-16-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    This ^

I have nearly every craft to 110 on my characters and my cooking mule's only real purpose anymore is to sign on for the daily goblin chest.... While the item-moogle is a nice convenience for anyone that isn't a crafter it would be like the item-moogle offering cursed items, orb's, lumber and ingots.... and eating 95% of the profit of other crafts.

In short, SE, I agree, please add in crafted-only foods that are game-breaking to motivate people to buy our crafted foods rather than the item-moogle of cooking-destruction.
    Don't need to be "game-breaking", only unique and/or better than current options. I would buy stuff like Fast Cast, WSD+, DT-, or Cure Potency II foods. There are still plenty of fish and meats that don't have any/many uses, so use those rather than continuing to overload on existing "high end" mats please though.. I'd prefer to have food supply increase, not get split among even more recipes.

About Curio Moogle.. I used to routinely resell food from Curio on the AH for ~200% profit. Sold reliably and quickly, I just got tired of doing it. It should even be a bit cheaper to make that food than buy from Curio, even if you buy main mats from AH. In other words, there are ways to still profit, even on the exact same items it sells. Don't give up!
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 02-16-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”