Hail and well met!
Matsui here with the 411 on the January version update.

But first, a Happy New Year to each and every one of you. We’re hitting 2018 running, with a continuation of fifteenth Vana’versary celebration events. Let’s take a look!

First up on the docket is Ambuscade. The year of the rooster has ended, and 2018 has been left to the dogs (so to speak). When I think about Vana’diel’s canines, two come to mind: Fenrir and Carbuncle. The community team asked me several times if Carbuncle is a dog, and I’m sticking to my guns on this one. Those familiar with these two will know that one is shadow-themed and the other light-themed, and striking a balance between the two is the key to victory. In more practical news, we’ve given the total hallmarks item list a bit of an overhaul so that items you’ve already obtained will no longer display.

We’ve also got a small quality-of-life improvement, with Oboro’s requirement of Iridal staves for certain job-specific weapons having been changed to something more convenient to obtain. Both of these changes came from user suggestions on the forums, and we’re always happy when we can take your valuable feedback and implement it directly into the game.

As I mentioned earlier, the fifteenth Vana’versary celebration is still underway, with part four of the Vana’versary Records of Eminence making an appearance this month. Part four takes us beyond the game’s original areas to Tavnazia, where a certain Mi________ makes an appearance. Here’s a hint—don’t clear the quests Spice Gals or Secrets of Ovens Lost the week of the version update until after it has landed!

Below is the usual list of items coming in January. The usual warning applies: some of these items may not make it in for the update if any last-minute issues arise.

Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
JanuaryAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
・Improve point exchange UI
-
JanuaryPorter Moogle・Add to the list of supported items-
Item-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
JanuaryOboro Job-specific Equipment・Adjust required items-
JanuaryItem・Add new items-