Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Siondra
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

New Ambuscade armor (and maybe weapons)

Seeing as how Ambuscade is the main content that gets updates every month and I'm seeing a lot of people around with +2 gear for a lot of things maybe it's time for new sets to be introduced.

It could still be kept where sets for hallmarks and gallantry are swapped each month but have 2/3 choices of armor instead of just 1 set each/ (Nyzul and Salvage)

There is still a lot of content where they could reuse assest to make it easier too.

Perle,Teal/Aurore sets from Abyssea, Yigit/Amir/Pahluwan from Assault, and Campaign armor sets. There are so many options that can be picked from! (Many more than those few listed)

People are still doing ambuscade all the time and seeing as how it resets every month this could give people a few more months of chasing the shiny new gear.

Also, why not add some weapons to the mix? They don't have to be top tier (nor should they for "casual" battle content) but maybe as a stepping stone for people that don't want to spend so much money on random augments but can't get groups for escha NMs.

Ambuscade is fun and constantly fresh content but the rewards are a bit stale as they don't really change. A breath of fresh air and new things to chase might help the grind feeling a lot of people experience too.
    (2)

Character
    Watersedge
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    No thanks we already have enough gear clog from existing sets. Ambuscade has been out since April 2016 and it doesn't get anymore exciting every month. I don't get why every month so much effort is still being put into this chore content.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsong View Post
    No thanks we already have enough gear clog from existing sets. Ambuscade has been out since April 2016 and it doesn't get anymore exciting every month. I don't get why every month so much effort is still being put into this chore content.
    Uh, easy gil. Obviously. Make 5m in 60 seconds.

You can't figure out why people want to make 5,000,000 in 1 minute.... yeah.
    (1)

Character
    Watersedge
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Talking about Dev time putting effort into ambusboring and calling it a monthly update over a year later not a way to make gil. You really do it still to make 50 more capes... We do not need anymore gear bloat/side upgrades.
    (0)

Character
    Watersedge
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ugh I forgot how pointless it was to comment on these threads. Like people summoner burning everything!
    (1)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I'd like to see JSE belts, personally. Cap the augments at half of what are available on the capes and it would be pretty solid. I like the idea of them re-using the old ToA Assault armor, too. They could also use the WoG armor that you could buy with Allied Notes; those had an interesting look to them.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post
    I'd like to see JSE belts, personally. Cap the augments at half of what are available on the capes and it would be pretty solid. I like the idea of them re-using the old ToA Assault armor, too. They could also use the WoG armor that you could buy with Allied Notes; those had an interesting look to them.
    I like the idea of Ambuscade belts which augment to 1/2 the value of capes, but why bother making them JSE? I'd be exceedingly happy with even a blank "all jobs" one. Maybe toss in a bit of DEF/HP/MP? We have enough job clutter, no reason to ask for more when it's not necessary. My FC cape for BLM is the same as my FC cape for BLU, which is the same as my FC cape for GEO.. The base stats would have to be enough to justify JSE versions over generic versions in order to be worth the amazing amount of new inventory -1 items we'd be looking at, and I don't see them giving us OP belts... Or is there a good reason that I can't think of to require multiple identical builds for individual jobs?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 02-16-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Maybe these other older lower i-Lv. gears could be incorperated into this method....?

I was thinking about the older/old 109 coalitions augmented gears and other gears that are outdated lower to the current Lv.99>i-Lv.119's such as 110, 113, 115, 117, etcetera, Maybe... just maybe they could be incorporated into this style of upgrades under here some-how but known SE they may rather decide to somehow possibly take a coalition route to upgrade them up to par with our other current 119>{140}<gears. Just was & I've been thinking about it for a while now. I got one 109 coalitions currently on my thf that I certainly wish I could be doing this with, granted, I've already augmented a stat onto it.

Thoughts!??
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-18-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Would be interesting to see.
    (0)
    Last edited by chiefhunglo; 04-23-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsong View Post
    Talking about Dev time putting effort into ambusboring and calling it a monthly update over a year later not a way to make gil. You really do it still to make 50 more capes... We do not need anymore gear bloat/side upgrades.
    YOU don't need sidegrades, the game needs it. Entire FFXI pretty much built on collecting gears and social with people while doing so.

The game doesn't have enough content to keep people stay subbed like WOW or XIV, and FFXI playerbase mostly prefer gear collecting aspect of the game. Collecting 300 gears and 50 gear sets is the only reason to keep playing. If this game doesn't have 300 gears to collect for my cor I'd quit for an year already.

So yes to more situational gears, I'm running out of HQs to buy and gears to farm, so I prefer more situational gears as goals. If I just want to toss my old gears and farm new ones every 3 month I'd play FFXIV already, at least that game looks prettier and cheaper.
    (3)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-29-2018 at 01:02 PM.

11. 09-23-2018 02:22 AM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast