Hybrid View

Character
    Siondra
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

New Ambuscade armor (and maybe weapons)

Seeing as how Ambuscade is the main content that gets updates every month and I'm seeing a lot of people around with +2 gear for a lot of things maybe it's time for new sets to be introduced.

It could still be kept where sets for hallmarks and gallantry are swapped each month but have 2/3 choices of armor instead of just 1 set each/ (Nyzul and Salvage)

There is still a lot of content where they could reuse assest to make it easier too.

Perle,Teal/Aurore sets from Abyssea, Yigit/Amir/Pahluwan from Assault, and Campaign armor sets. There are so many options that can be picked from! (Many more than those few listed)

People are still doing ambuscade all the time and seeing as how it resets every month this could give people a few more months of chasing the shiny new gear.

Also, why not add some weapons to the mix? They don't have to be top tier (nor should they for "casual" battle content) but maybe as a stepping stone for people that don't want to spend so much money on random augments but can't get groups for escha NMs.

Ambuscade is fun and constantly fresh content but the rewards are a bit stale as they don't really change. A breath of fresh air and new things to chase might help the grind feeling a lot of people experience too.
    (2)

Character
    Watersedge
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    No thanks we already have enough gear clog from existing sets. Ambuscade has been out since April 2016 and it doesn't get anymore exciting every month. I don't get why every month so much effort is still being put into this chore content.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsong View Post
    No thanks we already have enough gear clog from existing sets. Ambuscade has been out since April 2016 and it doesn't get anymore exciting every month. I don't get why every month so much effort is still being put into this chore content.
    Uh, easy gil. Obviously. Make 5m in 60 seconds.

You can't figure out why people want to make 5,000,000 in 1 minute.... yeah.
    (1)

Character
    Watersedge
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Talking about Dev time putting effort into ambusboring and calling it a monthly update over a year later not a way to make gil. You really do it still to make 50 more capes... We do not need anymore gear bloat/side upgrades.
    (0)

Character
    Watersedge
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ugh I forgot how pointless it was to comment on these threads. Like people summoner burning everything!
    (1)

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Would be interesting to see.
    (0)
    Last edited by chiefhunglo; 04-23-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well some players just want to be done with it rather then take their time can't say I blame them again not everyone has the time.
    (0)

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If people want to summon burn let them its not like them getting gear from these burns are hurting you or anyone else.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsong View Post
    Talking about Dev time putting effort into ambusboring and calling it a monthly update over a year later not a way to make gil. You really do it still to make 50 more capes... We do not need anymore gear bloat/side upgrades.
    YOU don't need sidegrades, the game needs it. Entire FFXI pretty much built on collecting gears and social with people while doing so.

The game doesn't have enough content to keep people stay subbed like WOW or XIV, and FFXI playerbase mostly prefer gear collecting aspect of the game. Collecting 300 gears and 50 gear sets is the only reason to keep playing. If this game doesn't have 300 gears to collect for my cor I'd quit for an year already.

So yes to more situational gears, I'm running out of HQs to buy and gears to farm, so I prefer more situational gears as goals. If I just want to toss my old gears and farm new ones every 3 month I'd play FFXIV already, at least that game looks prettier and cheaper.
    (3)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-29-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Why don't you play ff14 arr I mean you just gave more of a reason to play the new mmo rather than the old one.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast