Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Earlier I opened up a thread, but the reply I got wasn't entirely helpful and I can't

Hello,

Earlier I opened up a thread, but the reply I got wasn't entirely helpful and I can't follow up because I don't have the permissions necessary to reply to my own thread.

ORIGINAL THREAD:

Subject: Beastmaster pet won't follow or heel. Pet is hung up (moves back and forth but not f

I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as designed, but my pet from time to time gets hung up (moving back and forth, but not forward / following me).

This happens a lot in Foret de Hennetiel as I cross a revie tree. The pet won't follow, but just keeps gong back and forth in the same place. NOTE: Trusts have NO problem follow!!! So why should pets????

The same happened in the Rala Waterwaters. I was letting the pet reset (stay), while I went out to kill various monsters. When I did a heal, well, after 20 minutes it still had yet to show up. I gave up and went looking for it and my moving towards it seems to freed it, as it came running towards me. Yet, why should I need to go looking for it?

REPLY:

Hello IBHalliwell,

Yes this would need to be addressed in the "bug reports" I will be moving this thread.

While I know how to fill out the bug reports form, I do have questions on HOW to do it for THIS SPECIFIC ISSUE.

What I'm not sure about is how to report such a WIDE SPREAD issue. I find these hangs in many areas and I am POSITIVE I DO NOT KNOW of all of them.

Thus how can I answer questions, such as where? when? etc when the form wording so for ONE or so specific instances?

ALSO in the form the position is a grid location, but the hang ups for specific points in the grid location. Thus I do I give enough information for SE to find the specific place using the form? Again also there are at least an hundred I experienced over the years, and I suspect many more.

Does the bug report need me to find each and every one of them?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think you're kind of making a mountain out of a mole hill there.

Just write in the bug report what you have witnessed recently, as it happened.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I think you're kind of making a mountain out of a mole hill there.

Just write in the bug report what you have witnessed recently, as it happened.
    I'm just trying to avoid rejection because of not enough information or not specific enough / unable to reproduce because I didn't give enough information.
    (0)

Hello llamanator301,

When you fill out the bug report just include what you have experienced lately. They will not expect you to remember every instance. Just fill it out the the best of your knowledge. Just make sure you fill in all the fields.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XI! Hope to see you online.
    (0)

Player
    Make sure you use the template in the sticky. Just fill out every field that you possibly can, and include as much information as possible to enable the devs to reproduce the error. If you know of a specific <pos> that reliably causes your pet to get hung up, then include that as well. Honestly though, I don't have much hope of this being classified as anything but "Working as Intended" since it would require allowing pets to fully ignore clipping/terrain in order to avoid I think.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”