Controller Configuration

So, my hard drive kind of crashed and I had to re-install everything. I've gotten to the point where I'm trying to rig the controller to use the E Config. The entire layout is completely wrong and the "DirectX" is greyed out. I can't use the trigger for the macros any more, but I installed the DirectX when I installed FFXI again, and I turned on Legacy feature. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've got Win 10 (64-Bit) with a wired Xbox 360 controller. I used to have it working fine, but now I can't seem to do so.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

So, legit, like no one else has this problem or any ideas on how to fix it?? o_O
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

I was able to fix the problem today. I'm running Win 10, but went to the Windows driver page for the 360 controller and installed the Win 7 (64 Bit) drivers. After restarting the computer, I was able to finish configuring the controller and the XInput option on the config tool was no longer greyed out. Hopefully this might help someone that might be having a similar problem as I did.
    (0)

Hello Zeargi,

Thank you so much for posting your issue and resolution here on the FFXI forums. I will be moving this thread to "resolved issues"
    (0)