Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Add another "STAGE/UPGRADE" to R/M/E/A weapons.

Is posible have another update for Relic, Mythic, Empy and Aeolian weapons?. The reason for im asking for another update is simple

Some superior 3 weapons and Reinsejima Tier 2 weapons are surpassing R/M/E/A weapons. I understand maybe the dev-team made the SU3 weapons to give the casual public a chance of play content but sadly this is not working, people still asking for R/M/E/A to allow you join to the /yell groups.

This post is made of the perspective of a dude with a full-time job with obligations, somebody can play 2 hours per day, so in average that took me 2 months get enough money to farm a ultimate weapon.

I will use my poorly geared WAR as example, i have some valorous sets with 30 accuracy and 3% double attack, 5%WSD, 5%CHD, multiple ambuscade caps, Sul+2, Flamma +2 and 1150+ accuracy outside of moghouse etc. Even if my gear is PuG i know how perform my role decently

Sadly i find very frustating my AG UKON and my 9300/10k Plutons AG RAG are obsolete by a Montante +1, Zulfiqar and Raetic Algol. Is very unfair work for months for a goal knowing a weapon take you 9 runs of savage is better than any R/M/E/A =/.

So dev-team i really hope you consider this idea and make the ultimate weapons special again.
    (3)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 12-20-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Player
    Welcome to MMOs.

They can't con you into continually playing if the don't make something better and better and better.
    (0)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Welcome to MMOs.

They can't con you into continually playing if the don't make something better and better and better.
    Well i play FFXI cuz is not FFXIV, WoW or another Extreme Vertical progression MMRPG. In FFXI the ultimate weapons since LV75 are items very special for everyplayers
    (1)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    times change, change with it
    (0)

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    people still asking for R/M/E/A to allow you join to the /yell groups
    This is mainly because they don't know what they're doing. For 99% of pugs you don't need rema.
    Plutons AG RAG are obsolete by a Montante +1, Zulfiqar and Raetic Algol
    Rag has the acc (Raetic too) which makes it better than the others in situations where you need the acc.
    Generally some rema weapons are the BiS, some are useful in certain situations and some rema are just bad. For example, Bravura's aftermath sure helps party's survivability if you get caught by a dangerous attack with non-dt set on.
    (0)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Im fine dev-team continue adding weapons to the casual public not problem but this weapons should be inferior to ultimate weapons of course

You can get a Retic Algol for 5M compared with the 150M AG Ragnarok/Bravura, 150M to Mercenary an Aeonic, 250M Mythic and 200M Empy. Is not even 1% of the cost and time consuming.

There is another solution as well, if they will continue adding SU3,SU4,SU5. k not problem but give us at least every year a new reasonable STAGE of our R/M/E/A items.

Using AG UKON & AG RAG as example.

Ukonvasara (Level 119 IV) Trial: 150 Heavy Metal, 25 Riftdross and 500 Riftborn Boulder

DMG:390 Delay:525 STR+100 Great Axe skill +289 Parrying skill +289 Magic Accuracy skill +248 "Ukko's Fury" Aftermath: Occasionally attacks for triple damage Afterglow

Ragnarok (Level 119 IV) Trial: 1500 O. Bronzepiece, 3 Umbral Marrow and 500 Plutons

DMG:329 Delay:500 Accuracy+90 Magic Damage+155 Great Sword skill +289 Parrying skill +289 Magic Accuracy skill +262 Enhances critical hit rate V "Scourge" Aftermath: Accuracy+15 Critical hit rate +10%
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Is posible have another update for Relic, Mythic, Empy and Aeolian weapons?. The reason for im asking for another update is simple

Some superior 3 weapons and Reinsejima Tier 2 weapons are surpassing R/M/E/A weapons. I understand maybe the dev-team made the SU3 weapons to give the casual public a chance of play content but sadly this is not working, people still asking for R/M/E/A to allow you join to the /yell groups.

This post is made of the perspective of a dude with a full-time job with obligations, somebody can play 2 hours per day, so in average that took me 2 months get enough money to farm a ultimate weapon.

I will use my poorly geared WAR as example, i have some valorous sets with 30 accuracy and 3% double attack, 5%WSD, 5%CHD, multiple ambuscade caps, Sul+2, Flamma +2 and 1150+ accuracy outside of moghouse etc. Even if my gear is PuG i know how perform my role decently

Sadly i find very frustating my AG UKON and my 9300/10k Plutons AG RAG are obsolete by a Montante +1, Zulfiqar and Raetic Algol. Is very unfair work for months for a goal knowing a weapon take you 9 runs of savage is better than any R/M/E/A =/.

So dev-team i really hope you consider this idea and make the ultimate weapons special again.
    I don't quite agree because:
    1) The entire concept about FFXI endgame gearing is that every gear is situational, no gear is "BiS" in every situation and it shouldn't be. The entire concept of Raetic Algol and Mont +1 is pretty much this.
    • If you have MP buffs, Raetic is BiS, if you don't then it's not.
    • If you need acc, or have strong crit-hit dmg augment set for MS zerging, and uses samurai's roll to mitigate rag's delay disadvantage, then ragnarok is BiS, otherwise it's not.
    • If you don't need acc, then Mont +1 is BiS, otherwise it's not.

If you want to be absolute BiS in ever situations, you need them all. But even if you are not in situations that really favor it, all 3 GS above is far, far, FAR from terrible choice and more than capable of performing decently.

This is what makes the game fun. Real hardcore player get a goal to work on because "getta catch them all" and collect all situational gears so they're always the best in all situations. Casual players get a choice to obtain a decent GS for a few millions and still capable of doing good enough performance. Hardcore player gets rewarded on the same time casual player don't get screwed.

By buffing Ragnarok above all other alternatives, it destroys this balance and the result is:
    • Hardcore players run out of goals once they finish 1 BiS weapon. Thus shortening the game's life span.
    • Casual players won't have cheap alternative option if they can't afford a REMA.

It's bad for all of the player.

2) If I remember correctly, Mont +1 exist before AG weapons. Raetic is new, but the situation that it shines is really rare. So your "frustration" about REMA getting outdated after you spend the time and gil really isn't justified, since it's inferior to Mont +1 before they even exist.

I mean, if spending that much gil on an REMA is that horrible, why don't you just make a Mont +1 at that time and call it a day? But you choose to make a weapon, fully aware Mont +1 already exist, then after you're done you complained about it's weak (even though it's not), which really isn't justified.

I hope FFXI just stay as it is, by offering more and more situational gears for players to collect, and nothing is really clearly better than another by large margin, even if they cost 100m to build. That's what FFXI should be like, shit is situational.

Oh and if it make you feel better, I spent close to 180m on adhemar hands +1, it's only 30m now and I essentially lost 150m for absolutely no gain, unlike you who still kept a useful REMA. At one point of time I play even less than you (5~10hr a week) because I worked 12hr a day. I would still rather play FFXI full of REMA that's sidegrade to alternatives over other MMO.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 12-26-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Player
    Regardless of the actual dps each weapon outputs, the shoutards want REMA onry.

You don't get the choice, if you want to simply join a shout. You -must- have the 150m~ ragnarok.
    (1)