Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Inverted commas on some items' abilities removed

This confused the heck out of me.

In the November update, a few dozen pieces of equipment had the inverted commas around some of their listed abilities removed.

My Arete del Luna, for instance, has had its "Resist Stun" turned into Resist Stun, but no change to its "Resist Bind" or "Resist Gravity":

I thought this might be a gradual rollout of changes, as was done with Magic Burst -> Magic burst earlier in the year, or the ongoing addition of food effects. Also, it seems to have only affected some accessories.

But then no more occurred in the December update. So was this a mistake? Did someone accidentally re-enter some data manually and miss some quotation marks on the way through?

What a mystery! Can you solve it? Do I need to gather all 34 items affected and synergise them with a full party into an item to unlock a secret path that leads to Western Ulbuka and the new expansion?
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    You mean quotation marks?
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Did SE accidentally introduce SMART QUOTES into their item list?
    (1)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    You mean quotation marks?
    Nope, I meant inverted commas because I'm not American. *shrugs*
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    If you hadn't noticed, they started doing this MANY years ago way back when we still had PS2 and XBOX players that had the external limited space hard drive. Eliminating all those extra inverted commas and quotation marks freed up a LOT of space on the External hard drive, where they were hoping to keep it going and usable for longer time. Then with the shutdown of the PS2/Xbox usage, the removal of these "extras" has become secondary, even tertiary in the "to do" lists.
    (0)