Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Question Regarding Dialog in Ending Cutscenes of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel

I finished RoV today this morning, and it mentioned the character's journey being some time ago. At first I thought it was a coincidence that it mentioned how long ago since I first played, but now I'm wondering: is the dialog programmed with a variable from how long ago one started playing? (I started playing 14 years ago last March, and it said the journey had been 14 years.)
    (0)

Character
    Leocon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Pretty sure that dialogue is based on how old the game was when RoV ended. I beat it right when the final missions were released and she said 14 years as well, but I had only been playing 11.5 years at that point.
    (0)

Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leocon View Post
    Pretty sure that dialogue is based on how old the game was when RoV ended. I beat it right when the final missions were released and she said 14 years as well, but I had only been playing 11.5 years at that point.
    That actually makes sense.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Neogon View Post
    That actually makes sense.
    Makes less sense if you consider gametime vs realtime.. Probably would've seemed strange for them to point out that player's who've been around since the beginning are almost 300 yo now tho. XD
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    We're Warriors of Light, we don't age. Heroes get remembered but Legends never die.
    (1)