New Zone, Long Read, Sorry!

Fishing Carp in Ranfare, for Lu of course. Normal, boring... Except these two large, sinister red eyes kept occasionally... I thought "As far apart, that monster must be huge--" Just then this HUGE monster reared up and back, ready to strike. The view froze, got fuzzy, then, in text "Retreat? Yes / No". Level 99 Dnc, level 119 gear, no way... Well, I quickly died, everything faded to black.

When I woke up, I was in... Well, it wasn't Ranfare. It was a water place; there were inches to feet of water everywhere I could see, everywhere I could go, waterfalls, water flora... It was Aquavale! So, I started fishing again. Wow I was getting skill-ups, lvl 50-ish and just fishing carps! I kept fishing for a while. As I did, I looked around. Pretty place, pretty music, too. I did see those eyes a few times though, and just moved to a different spot. Still, I got bored, and went to harvesting. Wow, I was getting water clusters every harvest! They were temp items, and couldn't leave, but still. I tried a water crystal synth; what I made wasn't temp, and I got amazing synth skillups, too! Wow, all I needed to do was bring some materials, and I could synth in here all day. And I read in some tome that there was a frog (urp) npc that would buy stuff I didn't want. And there were cool teleporters all over too, kinda like Abyssea. I finally fought that huge fish again, got it down to 50% and died. It just put me back to the homepoint crystal at the front door of the zone, even though I didn't have reraise up!

Well, I wandered around. The mob families were spread out and well separated, and varied highly in levels from TW to IT. And there were charmables here too (yay Bst!) I read that you could come in here, get some prowesses, then level to 99 easily, then do JP, just by progressing through the mob families (pages) all here. Some aggroed, some linked, oh well. So you still need to be careful. And get this! You can come here with a level one onion peeler, and that weapon automatically levels with you, for damage, anyway, to 99! That aug was temp too, but still...

And if you were in a party, you got a Guardian fairy every 15 minutes. If things got out of hand, and people started dying, the Guardian would kill the mobs, raise everyone, then disappear. That reminded me of PL for Yhoater gob parties! And parties got more exp here. The sync system still worked, Trusts did not.

Thunder Pinnacle, Earth Crag... Maybe the Light zone looks like Sea, the Wind zone like Sky, the Dark zone like Promyvion, I don't know...

Well, I tried JP with my Guttler, Twashtar, both in process. Plutons, Glavoid Shells; I was getting the items I needed!

Then I woke up... [Sigh...] Back to Glavoid for me...

-- Raain of Asura