Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waiting Restrictions on Quests. ("wait til JP midnight")

Hi, Never a fan of making "Complaint" threads, But this has been bugging me lately. I guess i actually had the misfortune of leveling ToAU jobs back to back, So i've been coming across the "Thread" issue a lot lately.

I think a lot/All of the "Wait 2-6 Days to get X item" restrictions need to be lifted. There is no logical purpose for them. Was "Wait until Game Day change" just simply not time consuming enough?

I never felt we should have to wait up to 24 hours just to continue progression. a Few examples i just wanna bring up.

Automaton Frames. Everyone of them Requires you to wait til JP Midnight. I know the most common solution to this is to basically wait until before JP midnight to turn it in, But sometimes you don't ding level 10/20 an hour from JP midnight, Sometimes you ding it at 1:00AM JP time and now you're stuck with harlequin frame for another 23hours of uselessness.

Another Example is crafted AF for COR, BLU, and PUP. I think forcing them to wait til JP midnight to obtain their AF is an uneccessary restriction, They already pay out-the-behind for it. Plus, With Leveling as fast as it is today, It really hinders some progression.

Yet another Example would be the WHM/BLM automaton head, Which can require up to 5 Days. Nearly 1 Real life week. I feel this personally is absurd, The minimum Waiting period is 2 Real Life days for each. Was it really that broken to make players wait from 48~120 hours to be able not be stuck with a Crappy Mage Frame? was restricting it to level 40+ just not enough?

Almost no other AF/jobs require such waiting times, There are a few but not many. In most cases one can acquire their AF in a single day/Sitting, Allowing them to continue to focus on EXP.

I know its at Best a "Minor" inconvenience, but I still feel the idea of being forced to wait days at a time to access content as basic as AF armor or Frames needed to be good at your job is just not right. Reducing

I Really hate complain threads, I was just wondering if theres any way these Restrictions can be eased in the future? Possibly reduced to "Wait 2-5 Game Days", or "Wait 1 Game day" instead of "Real Life" Days? Its a minor inconvenience, but i feel it should be removes or Eased, as it creates a lot of Restrictions. Especially in regards to Puppet-master Frames/Heads.
    (16)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-14-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Also another Example i think would be ToAU Missions. When you're progressing through them and suddenly hit a "JP Midnight" Dead end. Always just found it a little inconvenient to be forced to wait until you can experience more content/storyline. ;x
    (3)

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    Agreed. One RL day isn't really that bad but 3-5 is a little on the ridiculous side.
    (0)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I agree, it was not so bad when it might take you 1-3 days to gain a lvl or 3 so you could WEAR the gear you started at 50, but now days it's just silly, because you can gain 1-3 lvls in less then an hr.
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Exactly :| My PUP Was level 40 before it got all 3 Frames cause of how I leveled, and i spent the majority of my time Soloing.

Now Its ~43 and i've stopped leveling it just so i can get my WHM/BLM Head frame (Camping a h2h NM right now)...

I just feel the Restrictions were probably useful at some point, but today they don't server a purpose other than to force people to wait uneccessary periods of time to access key parts of their jobs (automaton Frames), or halt them from experiencing the Game (Wait JP midnight "Missions" in ToAU).

Reducing this to 1 game day or ~5 Game days (in terms of Auto-head) I think wouldn't be too horrible no? Thats about 1~5 hours.
    (2)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Some other examples:
    - Salvage gear (jp midnight)
    - Dynamis, Limbus upgrades (after conquest tally!)

I mean, I can synth things in 5 seconds yet a "master crafter" takes up to a week to craft my item.

"That does not make sense".

Sensible systems:
    - Abjuration uncursing
    (4)

Also some Rank missions require you to wait until after JP midnight to proceed.

Another sensible system - Homam/Nashira, no wait time after you get the items from Omega/Ultima.
    (0)

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    With so many missions and quests giving instantaneous results (including Magian Trials), delays of any kind (game days, RL days or next conquest change) are totally unwarranted at this point.

Not everyone's schedule allows them to play every day, if you only have 1 or 2 days a week to immerse yourself in Vanadiel you should have the possibility to do all quests/missions possible without unnecessary programming delays.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gropitou; 04-17-2011 at 01:12 AM.
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Glad I'm not the only one who feels Waiting full Real-Life days, Even 2-5 Is just absurd :\

Wonder if They'll ever shorten this, They're making everything else more reasonable, You think This would have been a high priority too. Especially with how easy it is to exp now a-days, Even the old-fashioned way, If i hadn't stopped Exping entirely to get my Automaton Frames, I would have been well past ~40 before i even finished my second frame :|
    (1)

Best part is when you try and catch up to some people who want to do missions in the evening, just to notice that you have to wait 24 hours from finishing your mission until you can join them, making them either have to cancel their plans, or leave you behind.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast