Character
    Vahnziox
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Input lag/crashes

So I cant recall ever having any issues with Final Fantasy XI, but I just returned to spend time with a friend and it looks like something has seriously gone awry.

I used to play with a PS3 controller using motion-in-joy, then I got rid of that trash and started using Scarletcrush. I didnt have issues really with scarletcrush until I updated to windows 10 a few years ago. Then I decided i was done using programs and got a PS4 controller.

The PS4 controller is great, and i love it. I use it for FFXIV and dont have any issues. But since coming back to FFXI with the PS4 controller something is wrong.

Issues:

-Severe input lag
    -Random crashes

The severe input lag is completely random. If i stand in one spot and spam opening and closing the window it seems to be ok, but if move around or change zones it basically becomes unusable. (The gamepad.) Like i press buttons but nothing happens. What makes it even more strange is its only certain buttons. Like moving my character or camera is fine. Its the "confirm" and "cancel" buttons that I have issues with. This makes fighting very frustrating.

The other issue i noticed, is i went to help my friend fight Siren for the RoV quests, and it crashed the game once, tried again, and i almost crashed but it saved itself but stayed quite laggy.

Specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    6102 MB Memory
    2016 VRAM
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0 Build 15063)
    Gateway DX-4860 PC
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz `3.0GHz
    8192 RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Other information:

Issue seems to be severe while using bluetooth dongle.

I am not getting FPS loss, or any other issues. The issue seems to lay only with the "up/down/left/right/confirm/cancel/etc buttons. All digital buttons randomly lag. Both analog sticks seem to never lag.

I have tried changing settings for the gamepad in the FFXI config and playonline config and nothing seems to really solve the issue.

I have found posts about the issue, but they are scarce and dont seem to have solutions?

Thank you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniolaut; 11-26-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Character
    Vahnziox
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Solved???

So far my gamepad seems to not be malfunctioning so much.

I went to task manager as an administrator and set PoL and my bluetooth settings to priority "High."

I do seem to need to play with the controller connected to the PC instead of using bluetooth.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If you are relatively close to the System you can cord it and connect via USB, unless cord clutter's an issue
    (0)

Character
    Vahnziox
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ok, I solved solved this issue.

The PS4 controller works 100% without DS4 or scarletcrush or any additional software with windows 10.

Simply plug the PS4 controller into the computer and it should auto install the drivers.

As for bluetooth. I cannot get it to work.

What I do instead, is I turn off the controller, unplug the bluetooth dongle, then I connect the controller to the PC through a micro USB cable.

This is the only way I have gotten the controller to work, without lag, and with all buttons functioning while playing FFXI.

So quick recap;

-Turn off PS4 controller
    -Unplug bluetooth dongle.
    -Connect PS4 controller with Micro USB cable.

This should activate the controller!
    (1)