Character
    Grella
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 30

Having trouble installing.

I stopped playing a while ago and ended up uninstalling to save room on my computer however trying to return today when attempting to reinstall FFXI I get this error while just extracting the data from the downloaded files.

I have tried redownloading the files already and a couple other things, but so far I don't know what to do to get it to work.

(0)
    Last edited by PrinnyHero; 11-24-2017 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Added information.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hard to see what the problem can be with the information provided.

I would suggest deleting any kind of setup file you have downloaded, clearing your cache and temp internet files within your browser, and then re-download.
    Maybe disable any kind of anti-virus software while running the install.
    Run the setup file as an administrator.
    Pretty obvious one, but check you have a good chunk of free hard-drive space.
    (0)

Good Afternoon, and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.

Based on the information provided, we have come to the conclusion that a complete reinstall of the game may be necessary. Please uninstall Final Fantasy XI from your computer. Make sure to delete any remaining FFXI files from your computer, including any potential files in your ‘Documents’ folder. Then reinstall the game from scratch. The PlayOnline Viewer can be downloaded here: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...stall_win.html

Makes sure to put all four files in an empty folder, then run the .exe file. The installer should take care of the rest. Any updates or expansions will be downloaded to your computer once logged into the appropriate account.
    (0)