Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Halvone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Having the same issue where I'm r0ing and getting kicked from the game.
    (1)

Character
    Feanorsof
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I have been seeing the same issue on Bismarck, this also affects numerous other players simultaneously and I cannot discern a pattern by location. I believe either some internal or local networking equipment needs to be investigated
    (0)

Character
    Alexi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Same issue

Also being intermittently disconnected on Shiva. After some amount of time that seems to be fairly random I will see my connection status start dropping then sometimes it will bounce back up and disconnect me with a POL-2059 error.
    (0)

Character
    Amarok
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've been testing via VPN from London (Kent -> London VPN -> then across to FFXI servers), and that has removed the constant R0s and disconnects for me, instead I see everyone else red dotting.

My other char I have connected this morning via Tokyo VPN but I haven't been home to test if it's been R0ing or not yet.

I've found in the past (when trying FFXI from crappy hotel Ethernet) that there is a control connection that is not constantly kept alive alongside the main char data connection, and things like Hotel firewalls close down the control connection thinking it has expired and about 1 minute after logging on POL kicks you out. When using a VPN it bundles all traffic together so this control connection can't be blocked separately. I'm wondering if something along the network hops is interfering with this control socket as sometimes I've seen my chars suddenly kicked (R0 for only a second), other times R0 gets down to 45% but the game recovers.

This still doesn't narrow down whether the issue is at FFXI server end or along the path, but certainly using a VPN is curing it for me. Not a long term solution of course.
    (0)

Character
    Enubis
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I'm getting it on Bismarck. Playing on Optimum Online. Live in CT
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Worst day for me thus far.
    (0)

Character
    Hlifhildr
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Everyday.... all day long... sometimes every few minutes my character gets disconnected or R0s. ; ;

I tried using a Japanese VPN but the one that I tried - disconnects me as soon as I log-in every single time. ><

I will have to try a different one.

Its interesting that I had no connection problems before the version update and now its constantly happening ever since.
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    A free VPN has solved this for me, but it's only a temporary fix. Hope that whatever node this is gets whatevered to make it work nicely again.

Can't S-E just create a VPN to the servers and give it us as part of our sub?
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Tamtara
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I am quite lucky to not have had many complete disconnects but i am RO'ing pretty regularly.

What is a little concerning however is I am a returning player along with a lot of other players i am seeing yet apart from a post a week ago there has been no update on this from SE. I would have expected a bit more info on the cause and what they're doing/hotfixing etc especially with an event to try and lure return players and new players alike.

Could we please get some info or an ETA please SE? Thank you in advance
    (0)

Character
    Choisya
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The event will be over by the time they actually do something about it.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast