Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Anybody having lots of lag/almost disconnects today?

So several times in quick succession, family member and I have been getting R0 and almost getting disconnected (going way down to 20-30%) but yet never fully DC'd. This never happens to us normally, and we're thinking that it could have something to do with Dynamis D, or something else going on SE's end.

So I'm posting here to see if anybody else (especially on Sylph) has had similar problems... if not, then I suppose I will need to reset the router/modem yet again, but it was just reset a few days ago, it shouldn't be causing problems (and the rest of our internet was fine even during the R0s).
    (1)

Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It happened to everyone.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    it's really bad, im getting kicked about every 20 minutes, why should we be subbing a game that keep kicking you off?
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Kiouki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It happened to me and most of my EU and SA friends. This is going on for days, but the past 30 hours it has been the worst. I don't only get the R0, i get kicked from the game completely. I am using PingPlotter to monitor the connection and from what i can see it is a server in the UK, that is causing these problems. Always the same hop that is going down with a packet loss to 100%. I hope that SE is able to get in contact with who ever is responsible for this hop.

Right now the only way to play and stay alive on the server is to use another service like wtfast and choose a different routing (for me the eastern route works fine). Posting a screenshot of the traceroute below.

Please help us SE.

https://imgur.com/a/iHjBE

(0)

Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    it's really bad, im getting kicked about every 20 minutes, why should we be subbing a game that keep kicking you off?
    What is happening is really not on SE's end (and worse, there is nothing they can do about it). This last week, Level3 Communications has been having networking problems for like the millionth time in the past few years (and regardless of YOUR ISP unless you live in Japan or Asia, you are most certainly connecting through their routers since their infrastructure essentially forms the internet backbone), and neither FFXI nor FFXIV are the only MMORPGs or online services being affected by this.
    (2)
    Last edited by Neogon; 11-21-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neogon View Post
    (and worse, there is nothing they can do about it).
    I politely disagree. What if you are a customer and have a problem with services? There is nothing you can do about it? Just call and complain, that's what SE needs to do.

I am getting tired of it and if they don't fix it I might as well have the subscription canceled until they fix it.
    (0)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I politely disagree. What if you are a customer and have a problem with services? There is nothing you can do about it? Just call and complain, that's what SE needs to do.

I am getting tired of it and if they don't fix it I might as well have the subscription canceled until they fix it.
    odds are thou they are no more a customer then u or i are and if u don't pay them for there service they have no incentive to fix it.
    edit in before u say u pay for ff 11 u need to pay Level3 Communications for u to have any right to complain... that said u probably don't so your issues don't matter to them.
    (0)
    Last edited by zataz; 11-21-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    odds are thou they are no more a customer then u or i are and if u don't pay them for there service they have no incentive to fix it.
    edit in before u say u pay for ff 11 u need to pay Level3 Communications for u to have any right to complain... that said u probably don't so your issues don't matter to them.
    Well, I pay almost $40 a month for the two accounts. I am one of the most valued customers SE has.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neogon View Post
    and neither FFXI nor FFXIV are the only MMORPGs or online services being affected by this.
    This is strange because I've played FFXIV, and had no connectivity problems.
    I play WoW and have no connectivity problems.
    I've played GW2 and have had no connectivity problems.
    I've used a good number of websites and services, and only one has given me problems, and I doubt it was routing issues because they get DDoS'd rather often and they're slow anyways.

So why is FFXI having these problems, but yet none of the above are? If it were Level3, IE, the whole internet backbone, then you'd think that pretty much everything would be having problems like these.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It seems to affect players in different ways, some R0 down to a certain percentage, then recover, and others just DC completely. The whole of Jeuno red dotted in front of me at one stage.

Entering any kind of battle arena is highly risky (Salvage, Omen, HTB, etc). Making a good chunk of the game unplayable at the moment.

This has been on going for something like a week now?
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast