Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Player zataz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the land of nod
    Posts
    162
    Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I politely disagree. What if you are a customer and have a problem with services? There is nothing you can do about it? Just call and complain, that's what SE needs to do.

    I am getting tired of it and if they don't fix it I might as well have the subscription canceled until they fix it.
    odds are thou they are no more a customer then u or i are and if u don't pay them for there service they have no incentive to fix it.
    edit in before u say u pay for ff 11 u need to pay Level3 Communications for u to have any right to complain... that said u probably don't so your issues don't matter to them.
    (0)
    Last edited by zataz; 11-21-2017 at 02:30 PM.

  2. #12
    Player Zehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    97
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    odds are thou they are no more a customer then u or i are and if u don't pay them for there service they have no incentive to fix it.
    edit in before u say u pay for ff 11 u need to pay Level3 Communications for u to have any right to complain... that said u probably don't so your issues don't matter to them.
    Well, I pay almost $40 a month for the two accounts. I am one of the most valued customers SE has.
    (0)

  3. #13
    Player Aysha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    405
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neogon View Post
    and neither FFXI nor FFXIV are the only MMORPGs or online services being affected by this.
    This is strange because I've played FFXIV, and had no connectivity problems.
    I play WoW and have no connectivity problems.
    I've played GW2 and have had no connectivity problems.
    I've used a good number of websites and services, and only one has given me problems, and I doubt it was routing issues because they get DDoS'd rather often and they're slow anyways.

    So why is FFXI having these problems, but yet none of the above are? If it were Level3, IE, the whole internet backbone, then you'd think that pretty much everything would be having problems like these.
    (0)

  4. #14
    Player Mithlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    149
    Character
    Mithlas
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    ...
    So why is FFXI having these problems, but yet none of the above are? If it were Level3, IE, the whole internet backbone, then you'd think that pretty much everything would be having problems like these.


    Well, FFXIV, WoW, and GW2 have servers located in the US or closer.

    All of FFXI servers are located in Japan. Therefore, they require that extra hop through the UK to get to Japan for the connection. :/
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player Clou777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok, Shiva Server
    Posts
    353
    Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    why has this still not been addressed? i'm still getting disconnects
    (0)
    Cloudius

    Shiva

    SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

  6. #16
    Player Zumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    881
    Character
    Zumi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    why has this still not been addressed? i'm still getting disconnects
    its ddos there is really nothing you can do its been happening on a lot on ffxiv past couple of weeks too.
    (0)

  7. #17
    Player Neogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20
    Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    This is strange because I've played FFXIV, and had no connectivity problems.
    I play WoW and have no connectivity problems.
    I've played GW2 and have had no connectivity problems.
    I've used a good number of websites and services, and only one has given me problems, and I doubt it was routing issues because they get DDoS'd rather often and they're slow anyways.

    So why is FFXI having these problems, but yet none of the above are? If it were Level3, IE, the whole internet backbone, then you'd think that pretty much everything would be having problems like these.
    That's where you're wrong. FFXIV has not stopped experiencing disconnection issues (I'm on Balmung and I play all the time), I've known many players in GW2 experiencing them, Google.com has gone down quite a few times, Gmail has gone irresponsive quite a bit, I've personally seen GPlus itself bugged out repeatedly over its connections, PSN & XBL I've heard about several times, and I've countless people talking about disconnects elsewhere, but most importantly we're talking about intermittent lost in connectivity (that tends to result in disconnection in older MMOs like FFXI). Skype and Discord have also recently been experiencing such issues as well. In fact, do yourself a favor and look here: http://downdetector.com/status/level3

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I politely disagree. What if you are a customer and have a problem with services? There is nothing you can do about it? Just call and complain, that's what SE needs to do.

    I am getting tired of it and if they don't fix it I might as well have the subscription canceled until they fix it.
    Square Enix is not a customer of the service I'm speaking of any more than you are or anyone else using the internet.

    I'm not even going to argue you shouldn't drop your subscription(s), because it is a fact of economics that when you cannot access and play an online game you're subscribed to that it is a waste of money, just like you shouldn't go buy just anything at the store when they've nothing you want or need in the first place. But it's not something you should blame SE for or assume they can do anything about (and I'm saying that as someone that has had more than their fair share of issues with SE).




    On that note, they actually did try alleviating the problems with FFXIV on a few fronts. The first time was when they implemented datacentres outside Japan (in their San Francisco building, when 2.0 came out). Players still had issues (EU players most of all), so eventually SE transferred their NA servers to Montreal in Canada (that was however long ago I've forgotten) and EU servers actually to Europe (or did they transfer any to Europe? I'm getting tired, so forgive me).

    Yet neither have worked: many EU players will still play on an NA datacentre (for logical reasons like friends, and no one should be blamed for sticking with their friends) and in many cases they're having their connection routed down to places like Silicon Valley (despite the vast inefficiency), then you have many east coast players connecting... where? Yeah, again, through Silicon Valley;
    connection between Silicon Valley, California & Montreal, Quebec... see how far and out-of-the-way that is for the mass majority of East Coast & Europe? Yeah, exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    odds are thou they are no more a customer then u or i are and if u don't pay them for there service they have no incentive to fix it.
    edit in before u say u pay for ff 11 u need to pay Level3 Communications for u to have any right to complain... that said u probably don't so your issues don't matter to them.
    That's not true either. Nothing is ever truly free and for technology to advance, it is necessary that people expect better.
    (1)
    Last edited by Neogon; 11-25-2017 at 01:04 PM.

  8. #18
    Player Rajih's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1
    Character
    Rajih
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    pretty much been R0ing and disconnecting all month. if there really is nothing they can do about this then i do hope they do something to make it up to all of us who can't do anything in this game for weeks now. or at least acknowledge that there is something wrong and inform us. very frustrating.
    (2)

  9. #19
    Player zataz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the land of nod
    Posts
    162
    Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neogon View Post
    That's where you're wrong. FFXIV has not stopped experiencing disconnection issues (I'm on Balmung and I play all the time), I've known many players in GW2 experiencing them, Google.com has gone down quite a few times, Gmail has gone irresponsive quite a bit, I've personally seen GPlus itself bugged out repeatedly over its connections, PSN & XBL I've heard about several times, and I've countless people talking about disconnects elsewhere, but most importantly we're talking about intermittent lost in connectivity (that tends to result in disconnection in older MMOs like FFXI). Skype and Discord have also recently been experiencing such issues as well. In fact, do yourself a favor and look here: http://downdetector.com/status/level3



    Square Enix is not a customer of the service I'm speaking of any more than you are or anyone else using the internet.

    I'm not even going to argue you shouldn't drop your subscription(s), because it is a fact of economics that when you cannot access and play an online game you're subscribed to that it is a waste of money, just like you shouldn't go buy just anything at the store when they've nothing you want or need in the first place. But it's not something you should blame SE for or assume they can do anything about (and I'm saying that as someone that has had more than their fair share of issues with SE).




    On that note, they actually did try alleviating the problems with FFXIV on a few fronts. The first time was when they implemented datacentres outside Japan (in their San Francisco building, when 2.0 came out). Players still had issues (EU players most of all), so eventually SE transferred their NA servers to Montreal in Canada (that was however long ago I've forgotten) and EU servers actually to Europe (or did they transfer any to Europe? I'm getting tired, so forgive me).

    Yet neither have worked: many EU players will still play on an NA datacentre (for logical reasons like friends, and no one should be blamed for sticking with their friends) and in many cases they're having their connection routed down to places like Silicon Valley (despite the vast inefficiency), then you have many east coast players connecting... where? Yeah, again, through Silicon Valley;
    connection between Silicon Valley, California & Montreal, Quebec... see how far and out-of-the-way that is for the mass majority of East Coast & Europe? Yeah, exactly.



    That's not true either. Nothing is ever truly free and for technology to advance, it is necessary that people expect better.
    your right its not free. I'm sure our isp pay a price for usage... that said you probably don't pay them so what i was saying was to them our connection issues don't matter if u payed them DIRECTLY u might be able to get them to at least look into it.
    also square enix is probably in the same boat as us. they cant make them do anything it is what it is sadly=P
    (0)

  10. #20
    Player Urmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    447
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Slight tip SE devs don't really read thru the random threads all that often especially the English side.

    If there is something flat out not working with the game for you need to either post in the bug thread after reading the stickied post or contact them via chat/email. They can't fix the problem unless the people having it tell them. This is especially important if you are on a predominately non jp server (Like say Asura) as already mentioned the non bug sections of the English side don't get read often due to the amount of people they have at least when it's not an all servers thing like it is here.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast