Thread: Matrimony Ring

Player

Matrimony Ring

Is there any way you'd consider allowing either gender to wear Matrimony Rings? I'm not sure if official weddings are still done in FFXI anymore, why not allow both genders to at least wear any Matrimony ring?

FFXIV allows same-sex marriages, and this surely can't be a big change to make, code-wise, right?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Is there any way you'd consider allowing either gender to wear Matrimony Rings? I'm not sure if official weddings are still done in FFXI anymore, why not allow both genders to at least wear any Matrimony ring?

FFXIV allows same-sex marriages, and this surely can't be a big change to make, code-wise, right?
    Weddings are still available in-game here, and each partner gets a wedding ring.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yes, weddings are still available, however they are gender restrictive. Males x Females onry.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Also doubt a little known or used aspect of the game that doesn't effect gameplay is going to be really a priority... actually not sure if any of the people who coded or worked with the coding of the marriages still even work there lol
    (0)

Player
    IDK, I see matrimony rings rather frequently, and this issue comes up from time to time, actual marriages admittedly rarely, but there's a reason I brought up the rings mainly.

I doubt it's more work in this case than finding the items on a table and changing one small thing to allow them to be worn by all races/genders, I could be wrong, but doesn't hurt to ask the question.

This is the main reason I asked about changing the ring, not whatever the marriage procedure is, that may indeed may be more complicated, but it's allowed in 14, and while changing the full blown marriage procedure may not feel worth it to the dev team, I'd think the rings being changed would be a very small investment of dev time, and a good number of people would appreciate it.
    (1)