Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Perhaps, First one that came to mind though. I'm sure this is when im suppose to ask "DO you have a better one?! "

And you do, Cause you know everything ever. but yah. Give me a better example cause I am kinda curious.

No sarcasm, I can't think of a game that Includes an Exp bar on the visual UI without requiring accessing some menu except Pokemon :|
    From time to time, I still play a decentish Diablo-clone by the name of Torchlight. It's fun when I'm in the mood to hack-and-slash through swarms of monsters for an hour or so.

It has an EXP bar along the bottom of the UI.
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Diablo II does as well.

Thanks for reminding me of that game i now want to play. :|
    (0)

IIRC, Rhianu is TaintedSeraphim from GameFAQs. He's been championing "proper design" on the FFXI board there for years, and leading to 500 post arguments over how everything should ideally work.

Read his threads there to see how this always goes. He's always against using an instruction manual out of the box, or even basic reading comprehension.

FFXI is user-friendly enough. I was able to figure out all the controls and menus I needed when the game was Japan-only and I couldn't read kanji yet. It behaves like most other FF games when using a controller. I don't know about the keyboard because I don't play any games with keyboard controls if I can help it.
    (0)

There is lots of stuff that could be improved with the UI. Some of this is done by windower but then that isn't official.

For starters the UI doesn't show buffs / debuffs of your party or alliance members. Party frames don't have icons to show afflicted debuffs or doesn't offer any kind of color change to show a debuff.

Cooldown timers for my abilities would be nice.

When you target a enemy it shows very little information. No current HP/MP%, doesn't show what debuffs are on the mob or what buffs it may have on itself.
    (0)

When you target a enemy it shows very little information. No current HP/MP%, doesn't show what debuffs are on the mob or what buffs it may have on itself.
    Since when does it not show hp%? Also, mp% is useless, as the only mobs that ever run out of mp are drg wyverns, since they are war/drk.
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Since when does it not show hp%? Also, mp% is useless, as the only mobs that ever run out of mp are drg wyverns, since they are war/drk.
    I herd someone actally ran kirin dry lol

it does not show % hp you have to guess ( i am pretty good at it too)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-15-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    I herd someone actally ran kirin dry lol

it does not show % hp you have to guess ( i am pretty good at it too)
    That was like a 6 hour fight in 2005-2006 though, lol. It happens, but it takes ridiculously long. The only time it's ever really been implemented strategically was Aspir-spamming that Crawler BCNM30 way way back in the day.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    That was like a 6 hour fight in 2005-2006 though, lol. It happens, but it takes ridiculously long. The only time it's ever really been implemented strategically was Aspir-spamming that Crawler BCNM30 way way back in the day.
    I know but he said wyverns only, said nothing about practicality
    (0)
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Obviously it is possible to run anything out of mp, but realistically, it never happens on anything but wyverns, which have extremely little mp, due to only getting it from their sub job (which is drk, a low mp job no less). Everything else has stupidly huge amounts of mp. Knowing a mob's mp is really not useful.
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Obviously it is possible to run anything out of mp, but realistically, it never happens on anything but wyverns, which have extremely little mp, due to only getting it from their sub job (which is drk, a low mp job no less). Everything else has stupidly huge amounts of mp. Knowing a mob's mp is really not useful.
    oyru elementals/ worms..... back in the day anyway

not that useful but wow does it so why not? I think it would be a good thing to show buffs/debuffs on the mob though ( wow does that too)
    (0)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast