Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Expansion?

Player

New Expansion?

I heard that there was the possibility, however small of the devs considering a new expansion if there was interest, I just want to put this out there, that this idea makes me extremely happy....

I would love very much for there to be more, always more, for my favorite game of all time, I've played since US release, and I want to continue to, I honestly will keep playing regardless, as long as battle content keeps coming out, but I would be very happy if another large chunk of content came out, in whatever form, mini expansion or full, missions or new jobs and areas or not, revamp of the UI or Engine, monstrosity, whatever.

I don't know what all is possible, from the Dev's perspective for this game, but whatever it is, I'm in, I've got my nitpicks but overall I'm very happy with the direction this game has taken over the past years... I'm down for whatever may come, I just wanted to express my interest and desire for more.
    (5)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Maybe they could offer/sell licences out for content to other/smaller games companies to develop expansions for the game, obviously as long as they meet the criteria which ultimately would be finalised and determined by SE.

However, I know how much of a minefield copyright and IP can be.
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While I feel, that a new expansion would be most Welcome, and there are a few places a lot of people would want to be added (Mithra Homeland etc.) The Dev team just isn't big enough and SE doesn't seem to be interested in FFXI anymore, not to mention the dwindling amount of functional Dev kits available to be able to add a full blown expansion to the game.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Instead of expansions, I'd rather that they would do stuff like finish the Windows UI and fix some of the current issues the game has, rather than adding an expansion which would add even more issues.

And even then, I think after how many years now, 10-11 years, the last thing we need is another side-grade progression expansion. I think Zilart, Promathia, Aht Urhgan, and WoTG was enough side-grade progression.

The expansion would need some sort of progression and all we got is 119... we can't go above that because they've said firmly, that NO, there will be nothing beyond 119, ever.
    (0)

Character
    Wickedclown
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Instead of expansions, I'd rather that they would do stuff like finish the Windows UI and fix some of the current issues the game has, rather than adding an expansion which would add even more issues.

And even then, I think after how many years now, 10-11 years, the last thing we need is another side-grade progression expansion. I think Zilart, Promathia, Aht Urhgan, and WoTG was enough side-grade progression.

The expansion would need some sort of progression and all we got is 119... we can't go above that because they've said firmly, that NO, there will be nothing beyond 119, ever.
    Yes but I remember when they said that it would never go past 75 EVER and look where we are now lol
    (3)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Yeah but that's before ffxi was ran by 2 devs and a 3rd that trolls the other 2 lol
    (0)

Character
    Spikeikupo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It would be nice to see northern lands for i135+ contents considering we already have those in current contents
    (1)

Player
    I found the post I was talking about, it's from a while back, I'm not 100% sure if they were only talking about new content, or also expansions, but you can see the reply here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen...ihiko/d5qog67/

I just wanted to voice my love for the game, and I think it's ever improving, just wanted to say I'd be happy to spend another 60$ on an expansion for this game if it felt like another one on the level of Adoulin. Or maybe more addon content like Abyssea/Rhapsodies at a lower price point.

IDK if such things will come to pass, but that would make me very happy.
    (2)

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm interested
    (1)
    OWellowell /signed

New zones/animations/character models/monster models/etc require their PS2 development environment, which they have exhausted the supply of working systems that will last long enough to make a new expansion. If they had ported their asset development environment to Windows back in 2006 before the team got gutted to work on FFXIV, they'd be able to keep new expansions coming. At this point they would have to remake their development tools, which may break compatibility with the current game engine, so they'd have to overhaul the game like ARR did to FFXIV to be able to do much with it, and that would cost a ton of time and money.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

11. 11-15-2017 08:45 AM
    Reason
    Start anew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast