Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Just another "Thank you" thread to Devs

Hi just a quick THANK YOU to the FFXI and FFXIV development teams for continuing to bring such awesome content to both games.

As an avid Final Fantasy fan, I continue my dual subscription---and learning that new content dynamis related is on the horizon is sooooo very exciting in addition to the collaboration event for FFXIV and XI returning around Nov. 10th ...

These games are, for me, a breath of fresh air, from the normal day to day that has been turmoil to see in the world we actually live in... this is the best "get away"...

Thank you again and look forward to spending more time in both Eorzea and Vanadiel!!!
    (7)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    We all need Heroes in our lives, and for me, the FFXI Dev Team are my real-life Heroes. I wish to join you, Xiozen, in sending my eternal gratitude to the Devs for all the tireless work they have done, and are continuing to do, on our beloved world of Vana'diel.

On a personal note, relating to what you said about the darkness of our "real" world, I want to say that FFXI has saved my life. There have been times when I was surrounded by darkness, and FFXI was like a tiny candle of hope that I held in my shaking little hand.

Nine years ago, I had to have very serious surgery, and the doctors said my surgery survival chances were 50%. I don't have a religion, so I could not pray to God. I don't have a family, so there was nobody visiting me in hospital.

But the night before the surgery, what could have been my last night on Earth, through a haze of hospital meds, I suddenly saw my Tarutaru sitting on my hospital bed, she was in live 3D, I could see every strand of green hair on her little head. She hugged me, and smiled at me, and it gave me hope. I knew that I had to stay alive so that I could return to Vana'diel. FFXI gave me hope in my darkest hour!
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    We all need Heroes in our lives, and for me, the FFXI Dev Team are my real-life Heroes. I wish to join you, Xiozen, in sending my eternal gratitude to the Devs for all the tireless work they have done, and are continuing to do, on our beloved world of Vana'diel.

On a personal note, relating to what you said about the darkness of our "real" world, I want to say that FFXI has saved my life. There have been times when I was surrounded by darkness, and FFXI was like a tiny candle of hope that I held in my shaking little hand.

Nine years ago, I had to have very serious surgery, and the doctors said my surgery survival chances were 50%. I don't have a religion, so I could not pray to God. I don't have a family, so there was nobody visiting me in hospital.

But the night before the surgery, what could have been my last night on Earth, through a haze of hospital meds, I suddenly saw my Tarutaru sitting on my hospital bed, she was in live 3D, I could see every strand of green hair on her little head. She hugged me, and smiled at me, and it gave me hope. I knew that I had to stay alive so that I could return to Vana'diel. FFXI gave me hope in my darkest hour!
    Those must've been some dynamite meds. <3
    (4)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

4. 11-03-2017 07:54 AM

Character
    Alteva
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've been playing XIV since it relaunched as ARR and just started XI this August. A lot of people ignore the MMOs when discussing the FF series as a whole but the worlds of Vana'diel and Eorzea stand out to me as some of the most beautiful and detailed universes created by SE. Here's to many more years of adventures!
    (4)