Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

You know what's a great idea?

Introducing one new zone for content and thinking it won't be extremely congested and complained about for the first 6 months.

Dynamis zones aren't something that get instanced... so I can't wait for this shit storm.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 11-02-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Should be fine if they just make it like old dynamis... 72 hour lockout multiple alliance content
    (0)

Player
    That's a great idea too, content you can only do twice a week, people love that.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I am not sure if that was sarcasm or an actual agreement, but people used to do just that for Dynamis, and never complained about it when first came out.
    They accepted it "as the norm" and got used to it, and STILL did it twice a week religiously without harming their other activities.
    Nowadays, people are all too fussy about "omg I need to have that now and don't want to wait and cannot wait more than a few minutes anymore and don't want to do a 3hr+ long fight for the possibility of an item to maybe drop." etc.... Players got too uppity about "Quality of Life" issues, making it really "I am too impatient to be waiting for something I am paying for even though I knew there would be a wait but I don't care because it isn't what I want so why should I wait?"
    So yes, I do agree with the poster, make an area again that has a time wait mechanic to re-enter so it doesn't clog up with people abusing it, or make it like Abyssea but without the stones, but only a few possible time extensions each entry, not very long times via farming time extensions. Just an idea?
    (1)
    Last edited by Dzspdref; 11-02-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Introducing one new zone for content and thinking it won't be extremely congested and complained about for the first 6 months.

Dynamis zones aren't something that get instanced... so I can't wait for this shit storm.
    Do you EVER have anything positive to say?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Do you EVER have anything positive to say?
    Not in regards to this company anymore, no. Absolutely not.

If they would do something right occasionally, I would.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    They accepted it "as the norm" and got used to it, and STILL did it twice a week religiously without harming their other activities.
    Unfortunately, that was when the game was a bit more fresh. There were more things to do.
    We are at quite a number of years into this game's life. The content is done and worn out. In that same vein, much of the playerbase (only as I've personally noticed) are older people. People that have stuck with this game for quite some time. They are people that have grown up, and wish to keep playing this for nostalgia or for whatever reasons, and simply do not have the time to sit at the computer for an entire day just to clear one piece of content. So we are exposed to 2 different problems:
    - Add a piece of content that is time locked, causing players to only log in once per day (or every x amount of days depending on the lockout). Thus causing loss of interest.
    or
    - Add a piece of content that is not time gated, thus causing players to rush it and get burnt out and therefore loss of interest as well.

The sad truth is: there isn't many "other activities" to do for a lot of endgame players. So they sit online and chat and then wait around to actually "play the game."
    The other sad truth that people keep on forgetting is that development resources are limited - so we get what we get.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    Unfortunately, that was when the game was a bit more fresh. There were more things to do.
    Actually, by nature, we had far less to do. Endgame was limited to only a tiny handful of activities like Dynamis and Sky Gods when we started. Since then, many expansion packs and various battle content has been added, so we have more to do now than ever before. The issue we face now is that players in high end ilvl gear can basically steamroll thru just about anything they throw at us which lets the higher end players burn thru content faster than desirable.

We have no idea on how D-D will play out, but the devs have stated that: D-D will NOT be merely ilvl Dynamis, (new tactics, gimmicks, etc,) they will be adding new zones as time passes, will be expanding each area as well, and it seems that they may actually intend to adjust things to counter player strategies to prevent steamrolling/zergs. O_o;; My translation on that line in the JP announcement may possibly be off, but I really can't come up with any alternatives to what they said, which is actually somewhat exciting for me and may address some of the player complaints about current job balance.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    1 mil entry. Take that spammers!
    (0)

I'm kind of hoping that this means that the Relic Armors are also getting a reforge treatment to +2/3 and maybe the Empyreans will come next
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast