Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

About the adventurer gratitute campaign rewards

I noticed that there were alternate rewards of red mog pells if you already had the items which the campaign awards you. Honestly I'd rather have the red mog pells than the exp ring or the clock.

Any chance we can have our choice of item?
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    heres something for free, no i want something else.
    (4)

Player
    If it's a lesser gift, yeah.

Every "Dial Key" is a disingenuous gift too.

Why make a distinction? Why give 2 different gifts for 2 different sets of people. Put the Clock and the Echad ring on RED PELL and give EVERYONE a RED PELL.

It's pretty damn simple.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think this is another nice friendly gesture by SE, aimed at helping new / returning / mid-range players, who will really want to obtain the eternal XP Echad ring, which never needs to be replaced or recharged. It is a very lovely ring.

If you are not a new or returning player, then you probably have an Echad ring already, in which case SE has kindly offered you a selection of fun and useful items.

My main has 99 all jobs, so I sent my Echad ring to my mules, because I went out and levelled all my mules to level 75, one by one, for my own personal Happy Feels. So I suppose I could send the Echad ring back to my main, before November 12, if I wanted red mog pells on my main, but I don't really need the stuff from Red or Silver pells tbh.

If you don't already have a Vana'clock, they are ~Wicked Awesome~ and you will be so very happy when you obtain your free Vana'Clock!

And who wouldn't want a free Kupofried Trust? They're so Cute And Floaty.

Red Crab mounts are also very stylish!

SE are giving away Free Gifts to help low-level, new players, returning players, and casual mid-range players, and I think that this is a very nice Event. Especially as SE are also giving us new Battle Content next month, and this is just a cherry ontop of the already existing enormous FFXI Gateaux Of Happiness, all the other fun and adventures that a person can enjoy in Vana'diel.
    (4)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Echad ring is pretty useless to the vast majority of the player base.

The clock is mandatory, I'm glad I can finally get it. Amuchuchu is mandatory, I'm glad I can finally get her. Kupofried trust is mandatory, glad I can finally get that as well.

Giving optional choices would be better, however, nothing we say or post here will ever be sent to anyone who works on the game. Google translate and post on JP forums if you want to give feedback to the devs.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Echad ring is pretty useless to the vast majority of the player base.

The clock is mandatory, I'm glad I can finally get it. Amuchuchu is mandatory, I'm glad I can finally get her. Kupofried trust is mandatory, glad I can finally get that as well.

Giving optional choices would be better, however, nothing we say or post here will ever be sent to anyone who works on the game. Google translate and post on JP forums if you want to give feedback to the devs.
    Amchuchu is always available from both Spring and Fall Alter Ego Extravaganzas, which also happens to be running in November, so don't use your pell on her! XD
    Kupofried (and Moogle/Aldo/Fablinix ciphers, and both Echad/Trizek rings, and I think the clock too :?) was available in May for free by poking a box.

This campaign is targeted at returnees who take advantage of the discount/returnee campaigns and need a bit of help catching up. I'm just happy that those who already have all the goodies get different goodies to prevent getting no benefit from this campaign otherwise. (Abyssea campaign, I'm looking at you for that one...)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Alteva
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As a new player with none of these things I'm excited for both this and the fall alter ego campaign.
    (3)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    After all these years, more so then SE's nice gestures from time to time, I appreciate Stompa's everlasting positive spirit
    (3)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

I certainly didn't mean to sound ungrateful for the campaign, the gifts are always appreciated as are the campaigns they come from. If the red mog pell hadn't been listed as an alternate gift, I wouldn't have even brought this up really. However I noticed it and since I don't have any real desire to exp any more jobs (and if I did the rate EXPing is at without any bonus is already quite high) I have a much stronger desire to obtain the trusts from red pells (which have incredibly limited availability, whereas EXP is available all the time.)
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralos View Post
    I certainly didn't mean to sound ungrateful for the campaign, the gifts are always appreciated as are the campaigns they come from. If the red mog pell hadn't been listed as an alternate gift, I wouldn't have even brought this up really. However I noticed it and since I don't have any real desire to exp any more jobs (and if I did the rate EXPing is at without any bonus is already quite high) I have a much stronger desire to obtain the trusts from red pells (which have incredibly limited availability, whereas EXP is available all the time.)
    I don't think you sounded ungrateful.

However, you clearly know a lot about FFXI.

And the reason SE are forcing people to obtain XP rings, Kupo trust, and Vana'clock, is that a lot of new / returning players do not know a lot about the new FFXI 2.0 world.

And if a new player is given the choice of LOTS OF FREE STUFF, some of which can be sold for Gil, they might choose the Gil items, or just choose a relatively useless item.

And then a few months later they will say "why don't I have a Vana'Clock?!" or "I wish I had an Echad ring and a Kupo trust!"

So I think SE have done the right thing, they are offering the most useful permanent XP/CAP items as a default setting, to help new / returning players who might be confused by FFXI. And if you already have those important permanent items, the game offers you a selection of less important temporary fun stuff.

@ Vienne, I remember when I was a young Taru girl, and I fell asleep in Spore Hollow. And you found me there, surrounded by monsters, and you carried me home in your pocket! And you fed me marzipan and chocolate, for months, until I was big and round! And you said I should try sleeping inside the iron oven in your kitchen, you said it was it was lovely and warm! I know you were just being thoughtful. I don't believe the rumours! <3
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast