Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    You know what doesn't work having an empty server with 300 people. Its impossible to do anything even get a exp party for merits points. Let alone do any new content that was added since post abyssea. Basically need to put 10 servers of 300 together to get a reasonable amount of people. Unless you specifically know people to play with at a certain time you can't do anything. They offer these free weeks but it shows that there just isn't anyone to play with anymore.

I would want the server to be congested like the old days that would mean you have people on the server to do stuff with. I didn't mind the old days like camping sky nms against other NMs. Being congested is way better then having nobody to play with, which is why they should merge servers.
    There would have to be a coordinated merge of servers if so. Asura is unique as it is busy. There were 2100+ people on at the weekend.

As I mentioned before, its different now. In the old days, people were spread across a whole load of zones. Now it's like three zones. I don't think people would appreciate non-existent CP/EXP chains, lag, and multiple "You have to wait longer before entering" when trying to enter a HTB. It's bad enough as it is now on Asura at peak times.
    (0)

Character
    Tagii
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Wouldn't work, they would be too over populated with the way things are at the moment.

Only a very select amount of areas/zones are utilized these days - they would be completely packed out. HTB and other Battle arenas would be overcrowded too with ridiculous queue times.
    thats not an problem tho! if you Think outside the the box SE can implant Server channels like in XIV when to populated areas can be added channels so more people can do it, ofc SE need expand the FFXI server to better network Connections.
    or it will be laggy for many.
    (0)

SE can merge servers and more instance servers if bcnm fights are too crowed which they aren't on my server. Look at FFXIV there is no problems with instances. I can't even play the game or exp because there is almost nobody on my server left. Something should be done to fix the population issue.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagihi View Post
    thats not an problem tho! if you Think outside the the box SE can implant Server channels like in XIV when to populated areas can be added channels so more people can do it, ofc SE need expand the FFXI server to better network Connections.
    or it will be laggy for many.
    It is when SE have stated that they don't have a Dev team to touch core code anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    SE can merge servers and more instance servers if bcnm fights are too crowed which they aren't on my server. Look at FFXIV there is no problems with instances. I can't even play the game or exp because there is almost nobody on my server left. Something should be done to fix the population issue.
    Maybe you should follow the path of others who took the decision to move to a busier server (like me)?

No point waiting around for something that may or may not happen, got to deal with the here and now.
    (0)

Character
    Nashred
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think the game would benefit form a server merger but wont happen. Last time to many people lost their names that had been playing forever and quit. They would have to find away that current players keep their name and change those that do not play now. I also know there was allot of resentment against the merging server.

I quit FFXI when FFXIV started and then came back. When I came back last year our server was just dead and I was thinking of going to Asura. We were warned that server is over populated by a few that were playing there then. Allot of people went there for Reddit I beleive. I went back to give FFXIV another try and just could not get into the game so now I am back. Server population is up some now. What we need is another server for people to move to like Asura at this point.

What i think might end up happening is server will merge as servers drop. The server have to be getting old. You are starting to see more problems on some of the worlds. Instead of upgrading or fixing they may just take them off line as they become to problematic.

I also understand those who do not want to merger they like having their little world all to themselves and their LS and no competition. Probably the majority left on the smaller server.

For me I like RPG to play with others and i enjoy meeting others too. Been back a few weeks now and not even one invite for a LS. Seems on these less density servers they have their groups set and really do not want new or returning players.

Wish there was another world like Asura that people were moving too this would balance things out. around 1500 to 1800 feels right for people on a server.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nashred; 11-29-2017 at 03:03 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashred View Post
    What i think might end up happening is server will merge as servers drop. The server have to be getting old. You are starting to see more problems on some of the worlds. Instead of upgrading or fixing they may just take them off line as they become to problematic..
    In this day and age, most servers have been virtualised. I seriously doubt that each of the FFXI servers are physical entities.
    (0)

Player
    Zumi, I agree. and how bad is it to put a number or something in front of your name if its taken..? Or SE could simply allow players on a server being dropped to choose which server they'd like to go to. That would likely allow players to choose a server where their name is not taken. They should merge a few underpopulated servers but also keep a few, and then have a free world transfer campaign... everyone wins
    (0)
    Last edited by Nicklamort; 10-11-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Player
    If they would just wipe the dead servers, then merge 2 servers onto them, absolutely zero names will be taken.

Wipe out Titan, Ramuh, Alexander, Ifrit Gilgamesh etc - merge 2 active servers onto each one of them (except asura) problem(s) solved.

New problems created... but lesser of 2 evils, imo.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 10-11-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2