Character
    Nelyus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Account bound items

Hello,

I saw it is a concern for many players, dropping a Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, Ergon or Aeonic ultimate weapon/shield/instrument by mistake. The 1 time restore of an item really is not enough for such a tremendous effort.
    For this matter I suggest the combination of 3 solutions;

1- All Ultimate weapons, shields and instruments should be impossible to dispose of.
    Starting from a certain stage, either at the end; afterglow. Or as soon as the weapon becomes level requirement 99 to equip it. Maybe level 90 for Ochain and Daurdabla, or all Empyrean. This, most logically, is essential. Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, Ergon, Aeonic weapons/shields/instruments should not have any means to be disposed of. Please make them impossible to drop! Even more to this, they should be account bound. A character owning these should also be impossible to delete.

2- A npc should offer the option to put a status on items so they become impossible to dispose. Like; Rare / Exclusive / Augment, a new status like Non-disposable. This status should also be removable by the same npc and we should be able to set 10 to 40 items with that status. Also, if applied along with the first suggestion stated here, the npc should not have the possibility to remove that status from ultimate weapons if that status is the same. This would be a very useful addition the the last suggestion; Ultimate weapons being non disposable, we could use this feature for other items that were extremely difficult to obtain, for example; Defending Ring.

3- A one time recovery of an item for a given account is not enough. Especially if the last two stated suggestions are not applied. We should have at least 1 item recovery per 6 to 12 months of account activated fees. They should be cumulative and retro active.

Thank you very much for considering this matter.
    Please have a nice day.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nelyus; 10-14-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    Nel.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It probably boils down to the fact that it wouldn't be worth the dev's time.

I mean, how often do people actually drop stuff they didn't want to? I bet the percentage is extremely low.

I've been playing for 12 years and have never dropped anything, and I've played blind drunk many a time..
    (1)