Main Job: MNK
Support Job: WAR
Area and Coordinates: East Sarutabaruta, J-10
Party or Solo: Solo
NPC Name: None
Monster Name: Savanna Rarab

Step List:

Step 1: I did Job Ability “Boost”

Step 2: After 3 seconds I did Job Ability “Chi Blast”.

Step 3: Repeated step 1 then step 2.

Step 4: After a few uses, I then changed gear, this is shown below.
102 MND -> Boost -> Chi Blast Damage = 720
102 MND -> Boost -> Chi Blast Damage = 432
102 MND -> Boost -> Chi Blast Damage = 502
102 MND -> Boost -> Chi Blast Damage = 424

Step 5: I equipped “Taurine Cesti” -- “Enhances Boost Effect” H2H Weapon.
102 MND -> Boost -> Chi Blast Damage = 644
102 MND -> Boost -> Chi Blast Damage = 506
102 MND -> Boost -> Chi Blast Damage = 439

Boost Enhancing has been broken since the Boost Update—previously it multiplied the final damage value by 1.5 if equipped while using Boost before a Chi Blast:

Step 6:
I changed my gear to have 135 Mind stat. I then did Boost followed by Chi Blast. After a few tests. I did Step 6.

Step 6:
I then equipped “Anchorite’s Gloves +3” with equal Mind total of 135 and did Boost then Chi Blast. There is no change in damage at all, weather I have zero pieces, 1 piece or even 2 pieces equipped that Enhance Boost Effect—they do nothing at all.

Conclusion:
Boosting before a “Chi Blast” will increase its damage, however; unlike before, since the “Boost” update; “Boost Enhancing” Gear has no affect on damage increase at all.

Before the update I was able to get really close to 3,000 damage with 12x “Boost” using the same set I can’t even hit 2,000.

This I feel is a bug and the ability mechanic is currently broken.

- NOTES:

I upgraded the AF+3 Gloves after the update for Boost hoping I’d maybe see something awesome like a 6-10k “Chi Blast” instead it’s painfully less, nearly 2/3 the damage it used to have.

Back at level 75, a good weapon skill—Asuran Fists was roughly 1200-1400 damage.
I could get Chi Blast to hit around 1600-1900 damage at that time.

Today I can do 12,000-16,000 Victory Smites.
Could Chi Blast be brought back to being useful how it was?

Maybe after fixing this bug, it can be updated to do reasonable damage, like 20,000 - 25,000 damage every three minutes for example. With good gear of course.

By today’s end-game standards, that’s still not very high given the huge cooldown, but that number is at least measureable and as a ratio would bring it back to where it was when level 75 was the level cap.

The ability is bugged and Enhancing Boost isn’t working at all, that’s the bug

I’m requesting it be fixed, however; I’m also asking that after that fix if it be at least considered or investigated that Chi Blast be a useful damage contribution like it once was back at level 75 cap on Kirin fights for example. Or even a completely new mechanic, like allowing it to Magic Burst now that it can be done on command—I would just very much like to see the return of this, once very awesome, ability; thank you!