Character
    Chiaia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Twitter: Remembrance Screenshot Campaign for English Users?

So SE added in the dats a while ago a storage item called "well" which has storage space 80 on it. During the 35th Freshly Picked they announced on the Japaneses side there would be a Twitter photo contest(Remembrance screenshot campaign). This was not translated to the English Freshly picked!

It seems pretty unfair to hold a contest for an in game item for only one side of the player base.

Google Translation from http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53174:
    ( 00: 58: 23 ) It is a community event using Twitter.
    "Let's post a screenshot with a dedicated hashtag!" From the
    participants, we will give a small gift to 111 people every day by lottery.

In the screenshot you post, I set the theme of "Re-experience".
    Please feel free to murmur a nostalgic quest or an area of ​​memories.

This is scheduled to be announced & started at the end of September.
    How about trying to organize the album until then?) and the winners of this contest would receive this in game item.

The in game item is the "well" if you watch the actual video.

Campaign twitter announcement this morning: https://t.co/iP4XJljfcs
    (10)
    Last edited by MilkMansKid; 09-25-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I do agree with this, but the NA team might still be working out the details or coming up with a different campaign to reward this from for us. I would like to hear from the NA team though about this!
    (0)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I have always been quite annoyed about in-game items, that are exclusive to an event held in Japan or/and America (Europe here). I do not mind real-life items from said events, but if it's in game, I feel it should be available to everyone who play the game.

At least most of the time, they have been vanity items, not something as useful as inventory expansion, as this looks to be. It's probably /the/ most useful thing to me in the game, since I tend to be a bit of a hoarder. :]

There seem to be at least some hints towards this being available through different means in the future, but it really is something that should be available to everyone (and by that I don't mean via extra payments, but included in the fee we already pay).

Reading this at first, I couldn't believe it at all before taking a look at the source, and I'm still not sure I believe it. Looking at the Japanese side of things, there are at least some not being happy about it being tied to Twitter, so there's that.

All in all, it's unfortunate that an event intended to be a lot of fun has such an un-fun side to it, but that's just my opinion, of course. ^^
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Wow, that link.... would you look at that, responses to the player base on the official forums, even if they are in Japanese, i'd totally forgotten what they looked like....

I agree, everyone should at least have a chance at getting these items.
    (0)

Player
    A required portion of submissions is to include a personal story about the screenshot submitted. They don't seem to have anyone on staff who could handle English submissions. Therefore, we get left out. T_T

If anyone on this side wants to attempt to enter the contest, make sure you at least attempt to translate your story into Japanese. Even though I did not see any regional restrictions in the announcement, strongly doubt that English submissions will qualify in this case.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    Wow, that link.... would you look at that, responses to the player base on the official forums, even if they are in Japanese, i'd totally forgotten what they looked like....

I agree, everyone should at least have a chance at getting these items.
    Good luck with that. Like a year or so ago there was a rl item you could buy to get some ig furnishings not obtainable any other way. Wasn't publicized outside of jp sites at all but some people still found it. They ordered the item and the rl item but if you weren't using a jp IP or address or something they wouldn't send the code for the ig item with it <.<. Pretty sure someone even posted about it on the OF and it got ignored by SE
    (0)