Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Stamos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Escutcheons final stage

As it stands now, it is almost impossible to finish these Shields. Unless you want to dedicate insane amounts of hours farming Spheres. Not sure why you would gate a crafting shield behind something that isn't really crafting. Needing 100,000 to 128,000 spirit means you need to do between 3500~ 6 step skillchains, or 6000+ 5 step skillchains.

Items are rare, so you cannot farm multiple, the areas they are farmed in are mostly dungeons with slower repops. Also, you need a KI to desynth these items, so the spheres will not be placed on the AH to negate the farming.

Please consider adjusting this. Thank you.
    (7)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    They shouldn't be rare and should be more common to obtain, otherwise this is really silly 2004 stuff.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    They are intended to be equivalent to building a Relic or Mythic. I'm honestly not surprised that it's designed to take forever to do the final stage, just like the old days.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Alvilda
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This is all so true but SE people who have finished their shields are controlling the market now. They have split everything by 50 percent to the point people trying to make gil to finish their shields pretty impossible. I mean I get it they have final shields but I thought the point of these shields is to make it easier for crafters not destroy everyone who is crafting and let selective few decide the market. It's like 10 years ago when only certain people had highest crafts.
    (2)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Should note that given the huge time investment the only people making significant progress are the people having a small group of bots in a party where one is at the popular kill camps murdering everything and one is in a safe area crafting. Given that this is very much a if you aint first you're last situation the existence of these people or even just really hardcore no life gamers pretty much completely invalidates the purpose of anyone else making shields. Why spend enough time farming to make a shield when the HQ market is already saturated and you could've farmed over a billion gil in the same amount of time? Possible more since you have to compete against these people
    (1)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    After having done the first part of 100% on a shield and gotten the Crafter's Crystal, then trading it to Mweh in Port Jeuno for that very long chat, then farming a bunch of Fetich stuff in the mines and getting some spheres, even then the explanations she gave were not that great. After all that find out a beginning spiritsynth nets you 1 spirit, then if you take too long to choose, you get another 1 spirit, not any chain. So 120,000~ish later synths for this? Even relics were barely 20,000 total dynamis coins, with multiple coin drops many times. This is nuts.
    But to answer Urmom's last question: Why spend enough time on these? Few ways to answer this.
    1] For the sense of accomplishment and self-gratification for your craft, even though it may be just a finality of "i have something to do in this game" thing for some.... or;
    2] You have no life, are crazy bored or manic, or are part of a multi-bot RMT group doing this to get control of the markets again like in 2008. As Halley said, it's almost 2018, needa change this up a bit or decrease the amount of spirit needed, or increase the spirit gained from a spiritsynth. ... Let's not forget still need to synth the 70k crafter's points too.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    SE please consider changing the break rate for the sphere synths, out of 72 synths i had 16 impaction spheres, 7 fragmentation spheres and 1 light sphere and 48 breaks. All breaks lose the materials, so moglification doesn't seem to apply. 48/72 break synths is a 66% break rate which is very high. I don't mind doing work collecting materials like for relic, empy, or mythic but those don't have breaks you kill you get the resulting drop.

Please either change it so it breaks less or you have the chance to not lose materials.
    (2)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 10-24-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    SE please add the materials stored in the synthesis focuser II to the currencies menu so we can see what is stored in it without going to the focuser. Much like how you can view your fewell amounts.
    (2)

Player
    Or just remove Fewell amounts entirely. So few players use a portable furnace and likely just top off at the NPC next to the furnace between attempts.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    Or just remove Fewell amounts entirely. So few players use a portable furnace and likely just top off at the NPC next to the furnace between attempts.
    :O No nerfing synergy! I'm still waiting on the synergy update they promised me and don't want them to get any ideas that anything should be removed. For the record, I frequently trade fewell to refill depending on the recipes that I'm doing. If only 1-2 elements are going down, it works fine.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast