Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Feedback on september's Ambuscade

Hi, I have some feedback for this ambu.

I recently read in the post by Matsui that the ambu reward system was adjusted to help congestion(which doesn't even exist on my server). I like getting more points per run, however, this months ambuscade volume1 has mobs that can SPAM perfect dodge. This mechanic adds no depth to the fight, it adds nothing interesting, it adds no difficulty. It simply prolongs the fight - which INCREASES congestion. I kill the adds in a single 3 step SC, but sometimes they'll spam PD which prolongs the fight by about 3x the amount of time it should take.

Please never add monsters that can SPAM invincible or perfect dodge to an ambuscade again. Thank you.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Hi, I have some feedback for this ambu.

I recently read in the post by Matsui that the ambu reward system was adjusted to help congestion(which doesn't even exist on my server). I like getting more points per run, however, this months ambuscade volume1 has mobs that can SPAM perfect dodge. This mechanic adds no depth to the fight, it adds nothing interesting, it adds no difficulty. It simply prolongs the fight - which INCREASES congestion. I kill the adds in a single 3 step SC, but sometimes they'll spam PD which prolongs the fight by about 3x the amount of time it should take.

Please never add monsters that can SPAM invincible or perfect dodge to an ambuscade again. Thank you.
    The only reason I can think of adding a mechanic like that is to maybe have people bring magic users as well??? I haven't done Ambuscade this month yet, so I can't really tell much about it. Was the change to the points only for Vol. 1?
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    The only reason I can think of adding a mechanic like that is to maybe have people bring magic users as well??? I haven't done Ambuscade this month yet, so I can't really tell much about it. Was the change to the points only for Vol. 1?
    Only V1 was affected by the reward/HP increases. Easy+ were doubled/tripled based on difficulty, think they had the new values in the update notes.

I'm pretty sure I have seen the boss use PD while PD was active (it might have used it the instant that it wore off though,) so the complaint is definitely valid. ><;; It is not fun by any means to be unable to touch the target for large swaths of time.

I tried it with a MB setup the day it went live and while it technically works, it is much slower than simple meleeing due to the anti-(support job/class | GEO/BRD/COR) mechanic.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 09-19-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You know you have overpowered junk when the developers start adding mobs that are very highly resistant and/or immune to them.

Oi.

I'm glad I'm currently taking a break from the game... perhaps next month they'll do something more reasonable.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    You know you have overpowered junk when the developers start adding mobs that are very highly resistant and/or immune to them.

Oi.

I'm glad I'm currently taking a break from the game... perhaps next month they'll do something more reasonable.
    It's actually still mostly reasonable. I've been getting ~5.5min clear times w/ a basic 5xDD+whm setup on V1E, which gives 600hm/400gal (which can be tripled by a seal,) which is more than 2x V2VD runs (which can't be done in less than 5.5min,) so it's actually faster than most months prior. If there was no PD mechanic, we'd have it down to ~2-3min per run, which would somewhat negate the purpose of the update. XD

Should mention that our setup is DRK DRK WHM / BLU BLU + random DD from ls :3 Should be even faster than what we see if there are no multiboxers. lol

I've heard of V1VD clears, but 20-25min fights.. If you use a seal though, it's over 10k hm PER FIGHT, which means you can be done w/ total hm in less than an hour per month now, assuming you can handle actual cl139 content.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 09-20-2017 at 12:37 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    The only reason I can think of adding a mechanic like that is to maybe have people bring magic users as well???
    Psh more like rngs
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Psh more like rngs
    I don't know any serious RNG to see how well they perform. Do they do well this month?
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    6 pet job on v1 easy is a very quick clear, then go to assault, makes very fast points
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Normal VD1 is 5-10m(depending on PD RNG). Also we all have fun playing the game since we aren't on pet jobs.

Perfect dodge is still a problem, it literally double or triples the amount of time per run which in turn causes more congestion on the one server it exists on.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Normal VD1 is 5-10m(depending on PD RNG). Also we all have fun playing the game since we aren't on pet jobs.

Perfect dodge is still a problem, it literally double or triples the amount of time per run which in turn causes more congestion on the one server it exists on.
    Can do just as well w/ a full melee setup as a pet job setup in V1E. If a 3box+2box party of DRK DRK BLU BLU WHM + random DD can do in ~5.5min reliably, then party comp is a near non-issue. Same comp should work on N+, but we have multibox issues with that many adds and bombs kept going off because of loltargeting. Gets a bit frazzling to be hopping between laptops/keyboards as frequently as is required at that point.

At least the JP players are complaining about the bomb name blinking in/out and going untargetable too. ^^;;

The congestion thing actually IS better now on Asura. According to a recent dev statement, it seems that there was some sort of system limitation holding back how fast groups could enter instances, so instances were sitting around empty while players were in the queue before. >_>;;

So long as at least V1E is doable in less time than 2x V2VD runs, it's an overall improvement.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 09-20-2017 at 07:06 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast