Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This months uses perfect dodge too. Please stop this nonsense.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    This months uses perfect dodge too. Please stop this nonsense.
    1x use of Perfect Dodge is not nonsense and perfectly acceptable. ^^
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    No, it's still nonsense. It uses it and adds LITERALLY, I mean ACTUALLY LITERALLY, nothing to the fight. All it does is prolong it by thirty seconds, there is no reason it should even be on the NM.

Stop adding PD to bosses.
    (0)

Player
    No, it's still nonsense. It uses it and adds LITERALLY, I mean ACTUALLY LITERALLY, nothing to the fight. All it does is prolong it by thirty seconds, there is no reason it should even be on the NM.

Or try bringing more than pure melee DD setup. Ranged attacks & magic both bypass PD. It's not actually that big a deal, as long as it's not being spammed and/or used by all mobs involved.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    She's not wrong though, it's just a pointless annoyance. PD has never changed the outcome of the battle. Just makes it take longer for the sake of taking longer.

It accomplishes nothing, except adding 30 seconds more congestion, which is supposed to be the opposite of what they're trying to achieve.

Though, as long as it has PD it doesn't have a good 2hour instead, so there's that. Can't advocate saying hey why not give it astral flow instead, or mijin gakure.

Giving a mob something useless like PD saves you from getting crushed by something not useless. Remember that fact when you complain. There are a lot of useless moves/spells in the game, but I don't complain because i'd rather them waste my time by seconds than waste it by hours with something ghetto cheap.

(Except for Velkk, whoever designed Velkk should be fired.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 10-12-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Have you actually ever tried to nuke an ambuscade mob on N+? You should try nuking an intense N+ mob next time just to see how futile it is.

Also, the qutrubs take TEN TIMES physical damage and TWO TIMES magic, you are not bringing a mage to this to pretend to bypass a dumb mechanic for 30 seconds.

Ranger, ok, but you aren't bringing all ranger DD's to this content because if you pull hate without shadows you fall over dead, and this isn't good content to bring ranger on other DD's with stuns, fast hits(cap damage easily) and ways to avoid damage. DD's have to tank mobs, rangers are not good at tanking mobs.

Stop adding perfect dodge to NM's.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 10-12-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1

From game design pov, PD mechanics gives certain job advantage over the others. For example THF can steal PD and COR can switch to ranged attack mode, certain DD job can gain TP in PD mode such as DRK's occult acument, DRK can also use this downtime to absorb spells or COR can QD in stp gears for more TP.

So it's not really a good for nothing NM mechanics, it's a way to give reasons to bring variety of jobs or allow certain DD job's ability(COR's QD, DRK NIN BLU RDM casting spells etc) have a reason to be used, otherwise we'll just TP WS TP WS and not doing anything else because casting spells lose DPS.

People keep saying those mechanics are pointless, if that's the case do you think the game would be more fun if every NM is just a wall for us to hit WS macros on? I don't think so. I personally enjoy brainstorming "what I can do to improve my performance during PD on this job" in this game.

Same can be said for amnesia/stuns etc. Mechanics like this gives us a reason to brainstorm ways to counter it: Do you want to come RUN or /RUN for magic evasion? Do you want to change cheer effect to amnesia resist +10? Do you want to macro in resist set when you see red lines? Or switch to multi hit/white damage TP set with amnesia on? What about popping ecphoria ring to remove it? Or cast/recast necessary spells since I can't WS anyways?

Without these mechanics it's boring as hell to just TP WS TP WS and do nothing else.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 10-15-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Player
    Have you actually ever tried to nuke an ambuscade mob on N+? You should try nuking an intense N+ mob next time just to see how futile it is.

Also, the qutrubs take TEN TIMES physical damage and TWO TIMES magic, you are not bringing a mage to this to pretend to bypass a dumb mechanic for 30 seconds.

Ranger, ok, but you aren't bringing all ranger DD's to this content because if you pull hate without shadows you fall over dead, and this isn't good content to bring ranger on other DD's with stuns, fast hits(cap damage easily) and ways to avoid damage. DD's have to tank mobs, rangers are not good at tanking mobs.

Stop adding perfect dodge to NM's.
    The boss Qutrub actually has the same 10x dmg mod for magic, it just also has 200MDB and absurdly low elemental damage resists, which combine to a total of ~2x damage. Your best bet is fire, as it's "only" a 50% rating (most other elements are in the %10-20% range).. Should result in the full 2x damage at least. @_@;; In this case, the magic damage taken issue could have been viable if they hadn't basically floored elemental dmg resist ratings.

My THF can reliably land bolts on up to Normal btw. :3 There are options to counter PD if you try thinking outside the box a little. There's more to the game than meleeing.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I recast buffs during PD. Boss can't be fed TP and can't get TP due to shadows and has no regain. He actually attacks 2 times in total during PD with elegy/sab slow2 on. No strategy or depth.

Where are you getting these resist and MDB numbers from?
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 10-16-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Player
    I recast buffs during PD. Boss can't be fed TP and can't get TP due to shadows and has no regain. He actually attacks 2 times in total during PD with elegy/sab slow2 on. No strategy or depth.

Where are you getting these resist and MDB numbers from?
    Numbers come from a JP site where they've broken down the elemental resist formula for most mobs in the game it seems. Link here if you want to give it a browse. GTrans does a semi-OK job as usual as long as you are not trying to pick out the technical details. ^^
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast