Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Psh more like rngs
    O_o Ranged Attacks can bypass Perfect Dodge? I was unaware of this. I guess, that goes to show how little I used that ability in the game's life span
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    With a 6 bst pt, yes even not everyone plays it, the group was switching between ppl to unleash per turn and killing faster than it could do pd
    Side note, we're you killing adds first?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    With a 6 bst pt, yes even not everyone plays it, the group was switching between ppl to unleash per turn and killing faster than it could do pd
    Side note, we're you killing adds first?
    You are looking at tacking on an extra 5min+ (and as much as +15min if cactuar is down already,) for SP resets between fights though. It's never a good idea to base a strategy on 1hr abilities when you are planning to spam something. :/

It's doable w/ nearly any normal setup as long as you exclude COR/GEO/BRD/favor buffs. V1E doesn't even require a tank, even my BLU lands Dream Flower w/ no issues up thru V1D (sadly consistent resists on VD,) /ra bypasses Perfect Dodge, can change targets between adds during PD and resleep, etc. There are ways around the challenge, and I'm actually enjoying it this month. ^^ Somewhat concerned about how this whole thing will pan out in months to come, (some beastmen tribes seem like they will be close to impossible to clear VD w/in 30min,) but I'm actually looking forward to it.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I don't know any serious RNG to see how well they perform. Do they do well this month?
    Not sure haven't really been playing with serious rngs and well mine still needs a couple of touches but well it is dmg that keeps them out of range so buffs should be safe and goes thru pd... the rng automaton does do good though

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    O_o Ranged Attacks can bypass Perfect Dodge? I was unaware of this. I guess, that goes to show how little I used that ability in the game's life span
    It's actually in the description. Dodge all Melee attacks. Rarely comes up when players use it since well how often would you use it and how often do you fight things that use ranged attacks in melee range but comes up a lot fighting thf mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Switching between 1hr's after 6 runs its a hr, don't need to reset abilities.
    By the time we do a 7th run a hr or 45min has passed, removing the option needing to reset ability.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    Switching between 1hr's after 6 runs its a hr, don't need to reset abilities.
    By the time we do a 7th run a hr or 45min has passed, removing the option needing to reset ability.
    Oh! You meant that only 1x BST per run used Unleash. I thought you were all popping it each run. OK, that doesn't sound too horrible then. ^^ What difficulty are you talking about btw?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Only did this month once with a bst group, was on easy difficulty.
    I'm sure this would work for N also
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Killing adds first remove pd?
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Bring a THF in with you. Have them use Larceny to take the PD effect. We've had a few people mention doing that and it worked for them. Hope that helps a bit.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Bring a THF in with you. Have them use Larceny to take the PD effect. We've had a few people mention doing that and it worked for them. Hope that helps a bit.
    IF the mobs could only PD once, then this would work, but they can spam it back-to-back without issue.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast