Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Upon completing the Avatar fights, we are able to choose from a list of rewards that can only be obtained once. Over the years, these items can be accidentally discarded when clearing inventories, or dropped intentionally to make inventory space as they cannot be sent to other characters on the same account or stored on an NPC. Other quests with rewards of similar caliber are reobtainable, but these are not.

Moving forward, could there be implemented a way to reobtain these items? Similar, perhaps, to the Artifact Armor quests of having memories wiped away or a new key item to obtain the rewards.

I would really like to get the Aesir Ear Pendant again as it seems I dropped it at some point. I know I am not the only player that is interested in being able to obtain these items again.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...e-Interference

I was told by a GM in game to post about this in the Bug Reports, but it was deemed not a bug. I feel this needs to be addressed as it has been blocking people from obtaining these items again that may have been lost through the years.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ruf; 09-20-2017 at 01:19 AM.
    OWellowell /signed

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruf View Post
    Upon completing the Avatar fights, we are able to choose from a list of rewards that can only be obtained once. Over the years, these items can be accidentally discarded when clearing inventories, or dropped intentionally to make inventory space as they cannot be sent to other characters on the same account or stored on an NPC. Other quests with rewards of similar calibur are reobtainable, but these are not.

Moving forward, could there be implemented a way to reobtain these items? Similar, perhaps, to the Artifact Armor quests of having memories wiped away or a new key item to obtain the rewards.

I would really like to get the Aesir Ear Pendant again as it seems I dropped it at some point. I know I am not the only player that is interested in being able to obtain these items again.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...e-Interference

I was told by a GM in game to post about this in the Bug Reports, but it was deemed not a bug. I feel this needs to be addressed as it has been blocking people from obtaining these items again that may have been lost through the years.
    It's not that it wasn't a bug. You didn't use the bug reporting template, so it automatically gets declined.
    (1)

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...s-Unobtainable that got added to Not a Bug Report & that was second post after http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ot-reobtenable in Insufficient Information which was the one without the template
    (0)
    Last edited by Ruf; 09-18-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    OWellowell /signed

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...s-Unobtainable that got added to Not a Bug Report & that was second post after http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ot-reobtenable in Insufficient Information which was the one without the template
    Ahh I see, apologies. I only saw the latest one.
    (0)

Character
    Vashkoda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The GMs should never have told you to post it in the bugs forum; it's clearly not simply a technical problem that some programmer can quickly fix. This sounds like something they would actually have to consult devs about to make *sure* it wasn't intentional. Unfortunately right now with the minimal amount of communication we are seeing from our EN Community Team, you might have better luck getting a response if you have a JP friend post your request over on their forum.

In addition to this request, however, I would love it if they added avatar rewards (both from the original fights and the merit bcnms) to a porter slip. I have often debated whether it was worth keeping them, but if there was a porter slip, fewer people would have been inclined to toss them, and you wouldn't be in the situation you're in now.
    (0)

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We are not speaking here about 1% drop rate items obtained as direct drops from battles or even lottery rewards that are obtainable again; these are a one time deal on a repeatable quest. The situation that I am in, is being depraved of the only option there is for conserve tp on an earring for all jobs. Even if this was intentional, I do not think it is necessary with how the game has progressed.

P.S. I do not think it is appropriate to ask a Japanese friend to post in my stead. I am confident our EN Community Team will consider this request of Avatar rewards reevaluation.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ruf; 09-20-2017 at 02:06 AM.
    OWellowell /signed

Player
    We are not speaking here about 1% drop rate items obtained as direct drops from battles or even lottery rewards that are obtainable again; these are a one time deal on a repeatable quest. The situation that I am in, is being depraved of the only option there is for conserve tp on an earring for all jobs. Even if this was intentional, I do not think it is necessary with how the game has progressed.

P.S. I do not think it is appropriate to ask a Japanese friend to post in my stead. I am confident our EN Community Team will consider this request of Avatar rewards reevaluation.
    There is no EN Community Team employed at this time as far as we can tell, and the situation has been like this for quite a while now. Properly formatted bug reports still get accepted, but there is basically no outward flow of communication from the devs to us other than translated notices on the front page. (Check the EN dev-post history to verify if you don't want to believe me.)

If you have a friend who can post on JP-side, ask them to do it if you actually want/expect any form of response other than silence.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Or, if you really want to try it, use Google Translate or some other online translation service. Type what you want and have it translated for you into Japanese, copy/paste it into the corresponding Japanese side of the forums. If/when you get a reply, do the same in reverse, or hit the [Translate this page] tag to see their reply (if you are using Google/Chrome that is.) Hope that helps, even if only a tiny bit.
    (0)

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (0)
    OWellowell /signed

10. 09-27-2017 09:51 AM

Hello, everyone!

Thanks for the comments concerning prime avatar battle rewards!

We have decided to make adjustments so these avatar battle rewards can be reobtained.
    We’re currently looking to see if doing this would cause any problems to come up but if everything is clear, we’ll be able to move forward with the implementation.

Once again, thank you!
    (6)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast