World: Bahamut
Main Job: Black Mage, Lv.99
Support Job: Red Mage, Lv.49
Area and Coordinates: Port Jeuno, G-8
Party or Solo: Solo
NPC Name: Synthesis Focuser II
Monster Name: None
Steps:

1. I had attained the Craftsman's Crystal: Alchemy from the fourth and most recent Escutcheon shield upgrade quest, and traded it to Mewk Chorosap to begin the transmutation process.
2. Upon performing my first synthesis with the Synthesis Focuser II using a Fire Crystal and Liquefaction Sphere, the "Transmutation" bar in the upper left corner of the screen advanced to a value I presumed to be 1%.
3. Since that first movement, the "Transmutation" bar has not progressed at all after over 1000 spirit's worth of syntheses, including one single session of 478 combined spirit. This is the part I believe to be defective.

At first I believed this behavior was simply due to the required value being so large that the amount of spirit I was acquiring was not enough to move the bar: however, after accumulating over 1000 spirit, I no longer believe this is the case.

I am consistently selecting the correct Crystal for each Sphere, and alternating my Craftchains so the "Stability" bar remains near full, so I am fairly certain this is not the cause.