Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

"Yaaar!" .. really?

You really expect players to do this quest on a weekly basis?

I mean seriously, now. I've ridden the ship probably 30-50 times during my entire playtime of FFXI, and I have only seen pirates a grand total of once.

Once.

Fact is, I still have yet to see a Sand Charm and as such, not been able to do the Inside the Belly quest because of that lame requirement, because the pirates refuse to spawn for me, in the many times I've tried to encounter them.

Some of the others (such as Bloody Robes) are also particularly annoying, especially considering the fact the mobs that drop them are not that plentiful and only appear during the night (you could have at least switched it, and made the Skull be weekly and the Robe be once, so that one could farm Gusgen for the skull).

And Sunsand Rush is also annoying because of the Earth Weather requirement to get the Sunsand, and Fusion on crabs is kinda LOL...

And 30 minute foods? I didn't mind it when it was Grapes because Grapes wear off in 5 minutes... but I don't really feel like having to buy antacids constantly to get rid of the food effects.

All in all, this newest batch of quests is "ugh"... the first ones were reasonable but these ones? Yuck.
    (0)

Player
    Meh, it's not like you'd get anything from the key anyway. This ones stupid. Just refuse to do it. simple.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yeah, sadly, looks like I'm just gonna get a skull and let it go at that.

The rest of the quests stink, sadly. SE needs to keep in mind that they're asking us to do these weekly and we are not going to want to spend hours per character to get these done. We simply don't have that kind of time to spend on something like a lottery ticket (which is what the keys pretty much are). Yes, you can get awesome equipment out of the key, but you're basically playing the lottery and you have about as good of odds of getting anything worthwhile out of said keys.

I think I've turned in like 60 of my keys thusfar? And got nothing except for a couple PUP attachments. Woo. Yippie.

Meanwhile, the stupid goblin loves giving me junk like common crafting materials that you can get anywhere, food that isn't really worth anything, and Lv60-75 junk nobody cares about.
    (0)

Player
    Wait till the next and future sets;

Walk to jueno with no speed+ from selbina
    Shout in Dragon's Aery for 3 hours with no less than 100 people in zone
    Burst with Freeze x10
    Seek party on DRG for 10 hours
    Do Garrison
    Do Eco Warrior
    Outpost Supplies
    Successfully teleport 10 players
    Retrace 10 players
    Join a party, fall asleep
    Lamp Lighting quest in Jueno
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 09-12-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Meh, it's not like you'd get anything from the key anyway. This ones stupid. Just refuse to do it. simple.
    Can get Omen bodies.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Justuas View Post
    Can get Omen bodies.
    No, you really can't. Only the worst players get good rewards. it's literally the lottery. Only the idiot that will spend the money and be broke a year later can possibly win. it's a con to get you to keep wasting your time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 09-13-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    No, you really can't. Only the worst players get good rewards. it's literally the lottery. Only the idiot that will spend the money and be broke a year later can possibly win. it's a con to get you to keep wasting your time.
    Not sure if you were using sarcasm. You can get Omen bodies. http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/79959
    But yeah if you won't even try the lottery then won't win anything.
    (0)
    Last edited by Justuas; 09-14-2017 at 03:14 AM.

Player
    Unironically you use a screenshot of one of the worst possible players getting a good reward, as I stated.
    (1)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    For what its worth, bogys are up full time in gusgen and lower delkfuts, plus the robe is a much more common drop than the skull.

Never had much problem running into the pirates myself, they do show up somewhat frequently in my experience, just make sure you take the ferry during their window.

These vanaversery RoE's are based of off old playstyles. Fusion on crabs happened quite a bit in valkurm when didn't have a lot of options. On the food, just use it before going out to do a number of the vanaversery RoEs, 30m doesn't take that long to pass while doing them.
    (0)

Player
    You're kinda missing the point. You're right, but it went over your head.

It's possible to spend hours riding that boat. And not get pirates. Anything with a random factor is a "no-go".

Every hour spent TRYING to do something is an hour spent NOT accomplishing something.

The mithkabob things is simple enough. use an antacid. Or actually use the food, hell 30 minutes of atk+ while soloing isn't a bad thing for the cost.

The ratio of "value of key":"effort to obtain key" is WAY to low for Yaaar. Skull/Robe are acceptable ratios if its not crowded. Ram is acceptable even though its NOT nostalgic to make a level 109 Ram required.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 09-14-2017 at 04:58 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast