Character
    Marootsoobutsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Eschutcheon was not updating Crafsmanship...

Platform: Windows
    ISP: Comcast
    Type of Internet Connection: Cable
    Internet Connection Speed: 120 MBPS
    Date & Time: Sep. 10, 2017 23:42 EST
    Frequency: Reproduced several times
    Character Name: Eskesmith
    Race: ElvaanM
    World: Asura
    Main Job: Geo 99
    Support Job: None
    Area and Coordinates: Northern San d'Oria, E-5
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None

Steps:

1. I started the last quest in the Eschutcheon quest-line with Mewt Chorosap
    2. She gave me back the Smythe's Shield with the craftsmanship augment.
    3. I traded the shield to Mevreauche, who gave me following dialogue:
    "It is good to see you. I imagine you are here tolearn about the final upgrade for your shield. First, you will need to learn how to obtain the necessary materials. In regards to the adamantite screw: smithing and guild emblem: smithing... I have left them with Ore Guzzler. You are perhaps the last person that I need to explain this to, but they can be exchanged for crafter points. As for the craftsman crystal: smithing... it is the same procedure as usual. Please bring me your shield once you have boosted its Craftsmanship to 100%. That covers the explanation for obtaining the materials. Get out there and start boosting that Craftsmanship rating. I will be waiting here for you when you finish."
    4. I then attempted 5 blacksmithing syntheses (Darksteel Ingots; all successful, NQ crafts), which resulted in 0 increase to Craftsmanship score.

This is the part I believe to be a bug.

In response to a quest that was bug, I followed what I understand to be usual protocol, and reset the quest to attempt to continue it. I then spoke with Mew Chorosap again, and attempted to restart this latest quest in the quest line; there was no indication that doing so would reset the *entire* quest-line, including all quests in the line.
    (1)
    Last edited by Marootsoobutsu; 09-11-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    So I restarted the quest. Well, I tried to. And they are telling me to drop my shield.

And it doesn't restart me at the stage I was at.... it's restarting form the very beginning.

This is not freaking okay. This is an ENORMOUS investment in time that I've put in, and there was no warning that you would have to start over *FROM THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE QUEST LINE*.

This is NOT okay. Someone, please help me.
    Starting over = "Starting from the beginning".. It would make less sense for it to retain any amount of progress. The NPC is working as intended, so I think the only recourse you may have in this case is your one time item restoral. :/

BTW, you need to use the template in the sticky, or else it won't be considered as an actual bug report and get auto-trashed.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Marootsoobutsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Starting over = "Starting from the beginning".. It would make less sense for it to retain any amount of progress. The NPC is working as intended, so I think the only recourse you may have in this case is your one time item restoral. :/

BTW, you need to use the template in the sticky, or else it won't be considered as an actual bug report and get auto-trashed.
    It's a series of quests tied to an item, not a single quest. Ergo, it is not unreasonable to think "Starting over" is "starting this quest over", not "starting this entire questline over." She does not say, "You will start from the beginning." She says, "Abandon your current shield." Which was not every shield in the line; it was this current iteration of the shield with a flawed implementation. Don't sit there and tell me that it's unreasonable to expect a reset to the current quest. But thank you for pointing me to the template.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    It's a series of quests tied to an item, not a single quest. Ergo, it is not unreasonable to think "Starting over" is "starting this quest over", not "starting this entire questline over." She does not say, "You will start from the beginning." She says, "Abandon your current shield." Which was not every shield in the line; it was this current iteration of the shield with a flawed implementation. Don't sit there and tell me that it's unreasonable to expect a reset to the current quest. But thank you for pointing me to the template.
    It works the same for any of the other "ultimate" weapons. Why would you think that dropping the item would somehow result in getting one back? I feel for you, but it doesn't really make sense to me. Not getting upgrades after only a handful of synths also doesn't necessarily mean it's bugged. It's entirely possible/probable that it works differently than prior stages, similar to how the last stage was different / more difficult than prior. The devs have even been saying that this stage was going to be an actual challenge that was going to take a lot of time to complete (unlike the prior stages for the most part.)

The "restart" behavior has been the same since the first stage, btw. I don't see it being at all possible that you will get it back as a freebie since the npc is "working as intended." You probably just want to get your restore process started.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Marootsoobutsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It works the same for any of the other "ultimate" weapons. Why would you think that dropping the item would somehow result in getting one back? I feel for you, but it doesn't really make sense to me. Not getting upgrades after only a handful of synths also doesn't necessarily mean it's bugged. It's entirely possible/probable that it works differently than prior stages, similar to how the last stage was different / more difficult than prior. The devs have even been saying that this stage was going to be an actual challenge that was going to take a lot of time to complete (unlike the prior stages for the most part.)

The "restart" behavior has been the same since the first stage, btw. I don't see it being at all possible that you will get it back as a freebie since the npc is "working as intended." You probably just want to get your restore process started.
    Having done it already on my alt account, at least through multiple stages, I already knew that it worked the way it did in the past-- particularly since they flat out say it is.

Since you are clearly speculating and do not actually do not know the quest-line, I will thank you kindly to shut the hell up with such unhelpful and frankly trollish advice, and stick to things-- like pointing out the template-- that are actually useful, helpful, or community-friendly. Since the NPC itself actually said *TO DROP THE FREAKING SHIELD*, you can just stop. You don't know what you're talking about, and I will leave the rest of this conversation to Devs or GMs.
    (1)