Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I once accidentally took blu to 99 just screwing around for a bit. The fact that people think it's a remotely exhausting task is just bizarre. Then again I still disbelieve that I've actually seen people beg for help in genkai 2/3 when the danger is bypassed by mounts and or sneak/in is. They do this for hours
    That's kinda got nothing to do with anything other than square being bad. They really don't tell you what you need to do, and it's not like they advertise wiki and bgwiki. It's very easy to get completely lost without someone else's help, be it direct or indirect via website.
    (0)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Exploring xarcabard for a few minutes while having widescan sounds hard to you?
    You have Maps, you have mounts, almost no xp lost from death. Meds cost almost nothing now, trusts to kill accidental Aggro, an auto rr beret if they decide to attempt via an under thirty job, the bloody quest npcs themselves telling you where to go,the players (including myself) that tell them exactly how they can solo it and where in addition to telling them about the wiki + providing a link. Then they proceed to shout for six+ hours because apparently doing it themselves during that time isn't worth the effort to them.
    That has nothing to do with SE being bad and everything to do with said players being lazy.
    (5)
    Last edited by Khajit; 09-16-2017 at 02:15 AM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Eh, that Genkai that wants the 3 Crests is no walk in the park for the solo player, ESPECIALLY that stupid Yagudo Crest.

IMO, they should move that thing to the trapdoor room, because having it right next to Lv74 True Sight mobs is overkill. The Quadav Crest, you can get around the TS mobs if you wait patiently, or you could simply run after aggro and die on the other side where you an then reraise and sneak in and get it. The Orcish Crest... if you die trying that, then you really need to learn how to avoid aggro. The only problem is getting through the barrier and even then half of the time you can just zone, esp if you call a couple tank trusts and let them fight the mobs while you open the barrier and zone.

The Yagudo Crest, though... it's right there in front of 5 VT-IT Yagudo, 1-2 of which are True Sight.

So yeah, I can understand people begging for Genkai 3.
    (1)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Have a rr scroll. Go as a thf/nin. Perfect dodge + flee.
    Yagudo is the only remotely challenging one due to the annoyance involved with getting to the room. The entire thing was a walk in the park for me before TAU even existed.
    Once you are in the yagudo room they're actually easy to get past because all of the mage mobs stop to cast first.
    (0)
    Last edited by Khajit; 09-16-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Eh, that Genkai that wants the 3 Crests is no walk in the park for the solo player, ESPECIALLY that stupid Yagudo Crest.

IMO, they should move that thing to the trapdoor room, because having it right next to Lv74 True Sight mobs is overkill. The Quadav Crest, you can get around the TS mobs if you wait patiently, or you could simply run after aggro and die on the other side where you an then reraise and sneak in and get it. The Orcish Crest... if you die trying that, then you really need to learn how to avoid aggro. The only problem is getting through the barrier and even then half of the time you can just zone, esp if you call a couple tank trusts and let them fight the mobs while you open the barrier and zone.

The Yagudo Crest, though... it's right there in front of 5 VT-IT Yagudo, 1-2 of which are True Sight.

So yeah, I can understand people begging for Genkai 3.
    Yet, tens of thousands of people before have done it.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    With assistance of some kind, no one has ever, literally ever just wandered out there by themselves and accomplished it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    With assistance of some kind, no one has ever, literally ever just wandered out there by themselves and accomplished it.
    Though I know what I'm doing, having done it many times before, (including 75cap days) I've got no problem soloing that mission on any job, though I do tend to wait til 60 so I can do missions at the same time. Curio Moogle sells powder/oil cheap, there's not actually any difficulty involved other than learning how to *gasp* pay attention to your surroundings and not pull agro!
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    By which you mean the infuriatingly difficult task off asking a lsmate, member of your party, looking it up online, shouting to ask how to do it, or proceeding in the direction of the strongest monsters before you walk there on your own?
    (0)

Character
    Alteva
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As someone that started this game last month I think a level jump potion is unnecessary. I've been leveling solo with less efficiency than I could be (I'm trying to do the story missions in release order so I don't have the extra trust slots or exp boost key items from Rhapsodies) and I feel like the pace has been decent for the time I've put in.

On the subject of Genkai 3 I can see why people would want help with it. It's a long run back if you fail. I was able to solo it on WHM with help from Aysha's new player guide and the FFXI wiki with my only death being when I had to check the barrier in Davoi to trigger the Crimson Orb sidequest. Enemies turned around before I got Invisible back up.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post

.....with help, lol. The majority of them had help to clear the room.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast