Internet Connection Speed: 11MBPS
    Date & Time: Feb. 08 Sep, 7:30AM
    Frequency: Since item dropped
    Character Name: Essllama
    Race: Hume M
    World: Sylph
    Main Job: Thief 99
    Support Job: Dancer
    Area and Coordinates: Castle Zvahl Baileys - (J-8)
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Switchstix

Steps
    1. I accidentally dropped my Dynamis Shield.
    2. I refarmed the Relic Shield to restart the Relic.
    3. Went to Switchstix, traded the Relic shield, the Am Leather, the Oric Sheet and Ancient lumber but nothing happens.
    4. I don't have any other relics traded to him requiring currency, as the last stage i did was the one prior to that. I also decided to make the first stage of the Relic Sword to see if that would work, which it did. But then when i trade the shield again nothing happens still.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jammybudz; 09-09-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Character
    Essllama
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    what is the average wait for a reply? i'll just have the item restored via GM if its unable to be sorted. they said its only able to be done once though so i thought id restart instead
    (0)

Character
    Vashkoda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's not too surprising that starting the quest over didn't work, but it was worth a shot. The game seems to keep tabs on where you are with RME quest progression, and doesn't like you doing steps out of order. IIRC there used to be an issue with players who got them from bonanza not being able to do trials because they hadn't gone through the questline (which was fixed by SE later upgrading them past a certain level). Or maybe that had been a theoretical concern...

Anyways, the English community team hasn't been paying much attention to the forums as of late, so you're better off contacting the GMs directly in game if you haven't already done so (it's unclear if the GMs regularly scan these forums, or if they only do so when the community team gives them a heads up). The request has to be made 1 week from the time it was lost, and then the GMs do an investigation, so that might take a few days. Per the official notes (http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...la=1&kid=12645), "If the item loss data was confirmed with the GM investigation, the item will be restored. We will usually reply with the investigation results in a few days, but depending on the situation, it may take several weeks."

Though there was one person who waited months to hear back about a dropped Ebisu rod: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-return-Ebisu?

and one person was refused a Spharai restore: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...estoration...?

but they might not have followed the rules.
    (0)

Character
    Essllama
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Okay thankyou for your reply, yeah iv decided to speak to the GM in game again and just go for a restore, if its a issue that has happened before and still not resolved i have no choice but to restore otherwise ill never get Aegis ><
    (0)