Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[Dev1003] Blue Mage Proc Spells

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ea-Adjustments

Any thoughts?

Looks like 1 spell per day has been removed. Both meaning less set points needed for procs as well as the 2 hardest spells to proc have been removed.
    (2)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    yeah another thing i noticed, almost all of those spells had some sort of additional effect attached with them.
    (0)

or were just plan a B*tch to land (1000 Needles) without proper Macc Sets/atma.
    (0)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    or were just plan a B*tch to land (1000 Needles) without proper Macc Sets/atma.
    Even with the correct set-up it was a bitch. Back in the day when a spell which did 1k damage would have been a big deal, I have no doubt S/E programmed it to miss a lot. However, 1k is nothing for damage currently. S/E needs to adjust the spell even if it isn't a proc spell anymore.
    (1)
    All Jobs 99

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    350MP for inaccurate 1000 damage and with one hell of a recast.

........ yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    (0)
    This is Sakurawr, not Raen D:

Quote Originally Posted by RaenRyong View Post
    350MP for inaccurate 1000 damage and with one hell of a recast.

........ yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    i never have been able to get the bang for MP with magical dmg on blu that i can with physical spells, not even close, with any gear setup. magical spells are just way too expensive in general. :/
    (0)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm rather disappointed with this, I enjoyed getting the !!s to pop on blu simply because of the time and frustration to get a few of the spells to go off. I have noticed 1000 needles gets more accurate with about 340 blu skill, even on the T3s in heroes zones. While I am happy they are adjusting the item drops, I'm unhappy with the alterations they're making to blu magic. This seems to me and my ls as a way to gimp blu in abyssea and just use it as a secondary healer, especially in a low man group, since now id be more effective in any given fight as a war/nin since we're only going to be missing one yellow !! trigger spell

though I can understand why they're getting rid of Blitzstrahl, since it has an add effect of stun... everyone other one less 1000 needles i never had an issue with even at ~210 skill. I wonder why they didn't just replace them rather then get rid of half the spells personally.
    (0)
    Last edited by Juilan; 04-14-2011 at 03:59 AM.
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Juilan View Post
    I'm rather disappointed with this, I enjoyed getting the !!s to pop on blu simply because of the time and frustration to get a few of the spells to go off. I have noticed 1000 needles gets more accurate with about 340 blu skill, even on the T3s in heroes zones. While I am happy they are adjusting the item drops, I'm unhappy with the alterations they're making to blu magic. This seems to me and my ls as a way to gimp blu in abyssea and just use it as a secondary healer, especially in a low man group, since now id be more effective in any given fight as a war/nin since we're only going to be missing one yellow !! trigger spell

though I can understand why they're getting rid of Blitzstrahl, since it has an add effect of stun... everyone other one less 1000 needles i never had an issue with even at ~210 skill. I wonder why they didn't just replace them rather then get rid of half the spells personally.
    I'm guessing part of it had to do with set points. If I loaded all the spells to proc for the 3 days' elements, it really raped my spell set. Secondly, on some of the harder NM's to proc, such as the Ironclads, it takes spamming the spell a lot of times to get the timing right. Having to do that on two spells got really tricky (not impossible).

As far as proc'ing 1000 Needles, I've had a couple of mobs where I had 417 Blu skill, tons of Macc gear, and Macc atma's and still couldn't make it land. That's a little ridiculous especially with the MP cost, time to cast, and recast timer.
    (0)
    All Jobs 99

Character
    Sope
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm just happy I don't have to try and get blitzstrahl or 1000 needles to land anymore.
    (0)

YAY! Those spells are very hard to proc, good riddance.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast