Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Longer Battles = Less Congestion. LOL?

So... can someone explain what appears to be entirely backwards logic from the September Update Announcement?

In this month’s Intense Ambusacde, we’re increasing monster HP, hallmark rewards, and badges of gallantry rewards at certain difficulty levels.
    This is intended to alleviate some of the problems we’ve been seeing with congestion,
    as increasing the duration of a given battle should free up a bit of pressure from people knocking on the front door.
    Is this a mis-translation or something?

Because making battles take longer is going to increase congestion and queue times.

Let's say for example, you've got 10 groups wanting to do Ambuscade and there's however many groups already in Ambuscade.

If we, say, add 50% HP to the monsters in Ambuscade, this means that the groups inside of Ambuscade are going to take 50% longer to kill them, which means the people waiting in queue are going to have to wait 50% longer before they can get in.

How do they get that making the battles take longer is going to relieve congestion? Unless they expect that some people will get impatient enough to say "screw it" and move on, maybe. But that, to me, doesn't seem like the right way to do it.
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well, you are focusing on just the HP portion. Depending on how much they upped the rewards, the congestion might end up being less due people not having to run it as much to get done with it for the month.

So really we need to wait and see.
    (0)

Player
    On most servers, I don't see the queue going past 10, since the notorious Asura rarely goes much higher than that even w/ a much higher population. By increasing the amount of time the fight should take, the idea is that the number of parties cycling thru the queue will decrease over time. Kinda sorta makes a twisted kind of sense, but honestly I don't see this making a big impact either way since it only affects V1 VD (and possibly D, not 100% on the wording in the JP announcement.)

Personally, I think this is actually due in large part to the dev team being disappointed at how fast we manage to rip apart V1VD some months. XD

It's also quite possible that points are getting increased equally, so even if it takes twice the time to beat it won't matter as long as we're getting at least twice the points.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”